Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Rhymes, and Teresa Treacy court case

• 29-01-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

In my previous thread I got a lot of people saying I should make a song of my own rather than covering other songs.

Well I've been working on this song for a while now, I just finished it yesterday.

Basically what I'm doing is just issuing a big **** you to the government.

The song is about our recession, our economy and the sad court case of Teresa Treacy, Clonmore, who had her valuable forestry forcibly bought by ESB to use for an electrical plant (plan was to damage 12,000 trees), and she was put in prison for 'disobeying the law'.

Before you listen, I would just like to let you know that the voice quality is bad as I don't have a great mic. but the main purpose of the song is message in the lyrics.

Please check it out, rate, comment, subscribe if you have a YouTube account. I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The instrumental was ****in quality, fair play to whoever made that.

For an amateur rapper who's just getting started you have some decent writing abilities man, a new mic is most certainly needed though but it was overall fairly good, i could certainly listen to that over the likes of terra wrist or whatever the fúck his name is.
    Keep it up lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Not bad mate, obviouly not the finished article, goes without saying, you know that.
    Keep it up though.

Oh and the "experts" are not experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

P4DDY2K11 wrote:
    The instrumental was ****in quality, fair play to whoever made that.

For an amateur rapper who's just getting started you have some decent writing abilities man, a new mic is most certainly needed though but it was overall fairly good, i could certainly listen to that over the likes of terra wrist or whatever the fúck his name is.
    Keep it up lad.

Really? Cheers man I appreciate your comment, that actually means a lot to me as I personally swear by Terawrizt :D
    Yeah that unreal instrumental is made by LimitBeats, here's the link for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03smPLlJpNU.

Hugh Cream wrote:
    Not bad mate, obviouly not the finished article, goes without saying, you know that.
    Keep it up though.

Oh and the "experts" are not experts.

Yeah I know that mate, I'm sure things will improve once I have a decent mic, but the main point of this song was to spread awareness about Teresa Treacy, a case on which I personally find ridiculous. I appreciate your feedback though, hope you and the mods sort things out :)

By the way...I know I don't have a big thick Irish accent like the likes of Redzer, GMC, Rob Kelly, etc. ;) :cool:

anishboi wrote: »
    By the way...I know I don't have a big thick Irish accent like the likes of Redzer, GMC, Rob Kelly, etc. ;) :cool:
    That's a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Well Sligo people do not have as thick an accent as Coolock, Cork and Wexford.

Well Sligo people do not have as thick an accent as Coolock, Cork and Wexford.

^^ especially Cork ;)

But yeah that's true, we have a fairly plain and unemotional way of talking :P

Conor man if ya listened to this song what did ya think of it, or even just the lyrics and meaning?

I am in a room with people (they happen to be here, I am doing work and surfing boards) and my earphones are upstairs so I have not been able to listen yet.

You have gotten more feedback than pretty much any other irish rapper so far, including from Hugh who dislikes it and thinks it is not original. I am sure you will get more.

I am in a room with people (they happen to be here, I am doing work and surfing boards) and my earphones are upstairs so I have not been able to listen yet.

You have gotten more feedback than pretty much any other irish rapper so far, including from Hugh who dislikes it and thinks it is not original. I am sure you will get more.

Cheers man no bother. I'm sure Hugh hasn't said he dislikes it, he just says that it's not quite complete yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Cheers man no bother. I'm sure Hugh hasn't said he dislikes it, he just says that it's not quite complete yet.

He doesn't mean hugh doesn't like your song, he means hugh doesn't like the majority of irish hip hop.:)

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    He doesn't mean hugh doesn't like your song, he means hugh doesn't like the majority of irish hip hop.:)

Ah cheers for clearing that up....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

In my previous thread I got a lot of people saying I should make a song of my own rather than covering other songs.

Well I've been working on this song for a while now, I just finished it yesterday.

Basically what I'm doing is just issuing a big **** you to the government.

The song is about our recession, our economy and the sad court case of Teresa Treacy, Clonmore, who had her valuable forestry forcibly bought by ESB to use for an electrical plant (plan was to damage 12,000 trees), and she was put in prison for 'disobeying the law'.

Before you listen, I would just like to let you know that the voice quality is bad as I don't have a great mic. but the main purpose of the song is message in the lyrics.

Please check it out, rate, comment, subscribe if you have a YouTube account. I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

Cheers :D

its very impressive indeed ....well done

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Ah cheers for clearing that up....:)
    Doesn't need clearing up mate, You have made a good song.

baddebt wrote: »
    its very impressive indeed ....well done

Cheers man, I appreciate it. ;)
    I thought that the economic theme would appeal to people :P

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Doesn't need clearing up mate, You have made a good song.

Thanks a million man, it's great that I'm getting all these comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Fair dues, not a bad start at all - keep it up!

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Fair dues, not a bad start at all - keep it up!

Cheers dude, I'm really happy that y'all like this, cos it took me ages to invent lyrics and produce! :)

That is a lot better than I expected.
    Definitely keep at it anyway.

But again I am still unsure why this gets more discussion than other IHH acts.

That is a lot better than I expected.
    Definitely keep at it anyway.

But again I am still unsure why this gets more discussion than other IHH acts.

Cheers, thanks a million man. Actually I didn't expect so many good comments here, but I'm glad that I have them :)

I think maybe it's because the other IHH acts are already established artists, where as I would be more of an act to judge rather than be discussed (since I'm not established enough!).

Advertisement