Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She's expecting but she wasn't expecting that..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I feel sorry for the children in a situation like that, they are just destined to repeat the cycle in most cases. I get angry with these people but I also realise that they have been programmed this way, so to speak, having had this engrained into their culture for generations. Anyway, I'd've followed up that incident with the Gardaí. What you do then, is regularly check back with the Gardaí to see where they're at, put the pressure on.

We tried, we went to the station on four separate occasions, they seemed extremely disinterested, didn't see our concern as there was only 5 euro in the bag, call back later the garda wasn't there, on leave, working tomorrow.

All in all, it cost us about 200 quid in lost stuff and replacing licences bank cards, credit cards etc.

they got 5 euro.

Agreed the children never stood a chance and I think the system has failed them badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

forfuxsake wrote: »
    We tried, we went to the station on four separate occasions, they seemed extremely disinterested, didn't see our concern as there was only 5 euro in the bag, call back later the garda wasn't there, on leave, working tomorrow.

I am so glad the gardai were disinterested. Had they been uninterested you would really have had something to give out about.

My sincere sympathy to your wife. It seems clear that she has had a lot to put up with. I wouldn't blame her for throwing her hands up to heaven while, under her breath, she mutters "Fofuxsake"

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

slainte1 wrote: »
    forfuxsake wrote: »

I am so glad the gardai were disinterested. Had they been uninterested you would really have had something to give out about.

My sincere sympathy to your wife. It seems clear that she has had a lot to put up with. I wouldn't blame her for throwing her hands up to heaven while, under her breath, she mutters "Fofuxsake"

They were both, initially disinterested which I suppose is fair enough but when you are the victim of a crime you kinda expect the cops to be on your side. (whether this expectation is justified or not). However, I suppose they can't be sure a crime has taken place.

The uninterested bit came later and was the worser of the two.

Advertisement