Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

29/1/12

• 29-01-2012 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

[Insert obligatory "Aw ffs, another Italian Supercar challenge. Yawn fest, it's all been done before. Boring scripting. Where's the cars for normal people" type comment]

I thought it was a great season opener. Heavy on BHP, low on character development. More please!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Happily back to basics; there seemed to be less of the silly scripting, so perhaps they took some of the criticisms onboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I enjoyed it.

Thought Will.I.Am wasn't exactly sure about the 'interview' bit of SIARPC segment (but that's always been my least favourite bit) but came across as a decent enough bloke.

Gimme a big daft orange dog that bottom burps blue stuff too.

Even if the 458 is a stunning looking beast, I'll have the dog thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gatecrash wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.

Thought Will.I.Am wasn't exactly sure about the 'interview' bit of SIARPC segment (but that's always been my least favourite bit) but came across as a decent enough bloke.

Gimme a big daft orange dog that bottom burps blue stuff too.

Even if the 458 is a stunning looking beast, I'll have the dog thanks.

Agreed, the appeal of the Lambo is just too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It was good basic fun with some laughs thrown in, great start for season and hopefully we'll get more.

I made noddles during SIARPC, not my favorite section of the show.

It was good basic fun with some laughs thrown in, great start for season and hopefully we'll get more.

I made noddles during SIARPC, not my favorite section of the show.

I was actually thinking during that part, they should drop it altogether & make the show 40/45 mins. It'd probably mess up scheduling though. SIARPC is never good anymore, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

EnterNow wrote: »
    I was actually thinking during that part, they should drop it altogether & make the show 40/45 mins. It'd probably mess up scheduling though. SIARPC is never good anymore, ever.

I wonder if some or all those stars are coming on for free due to BBC contracts or the need to plug stuff, free filler for Top Gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

I liked it - good show. Good looking cars, roads, interesting challenges, beautiful Italy and special permit to work on a Sunday, wtf?!!

PS: Did I see a Ninja Stig breaking the door down in the ' what to come' clip? :D

positron wrote: »
    I liked it - good show. Good looking cars, roads, interesting challenges, beautiful Italy and special permit to work on a Sunday, wtf?!!

PS: Did I see a Ninja Stig breaking the door down in the ' what to come' clip? :D

Yep, the Stigs Chinese Cousin apparently :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

Thought it was a great opener. Was really back to basics. Looking forward to the next 6 episodes.

Oh and that lambo is amazing. I'd take it over a 458 any day if I had to pick one in my dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yep, the Stigs Chinese Cousin apparently :D

"Enter the Stig"? :D

I would say the 'Noble' crowd would have been super happy that Top Gear picked them to pit against the Lambo and the likes - excellent publicity for them. And I can't understand Hammond's reference about how Noble had someone drive the replacement car overnight to Rome - Google Maps says it's nearly 19 hours to do London-Rome (on perfect conditions that is).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I really enjoyed it. The first fat mechanic that went to see the Noble was very funny.

I would have thought they would have done a bigger tribute to Senna and Ratzenberger at Imola.

I agree with the other posters that SIARPC is a bit of a fluffy feature. I typically fast forward that if I have the show recorded.

Cormic wrote: »
    I agree with the other posters that SIARPC is a bit of a fluffy feature. I typically fast forward that if I have the show recorded.

I was thinking that too, but then Clarkson mentioned something about the track & how it hurt many drivers pride in the past. Senna & Ratzenberger lost much more than their pride at Imola so I suppose it was fitting not to belittle the loss by lumping them in with just crashes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So easy to forget Barrichello's crash which I remember at the time..oomph :eek:

I enjoyed the show and don't care if no-one else did.. :)

dfx- wrote: »
    I enjoyed the show and don't care if no-one else did.. :)

50356_323857250977_3316000_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ya dirty fecker.

Anyone know when the repeat is on, I missed it?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Buffman

A good episode, good few funny bits.
    That first tow truck driver! The Cops. The Noble self destruct. The second tow truck. Tram tracks. Italian Stig.

Imola bit was good too.
    Plug wrote: »
    Anyone know when the repeat is on, I missed it?:eek:

Episode 1 repeats are Wed BBC2 19.00, Thur BBC3 19.00, and Sat BBC3 20.00.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Buffman wrote: »
    A good episode, good few funny bits.
    That first tow truck driver! The Cops. The Noble self destruct. The second tow truck. Tram tracks. Italian Stig.

Imola bit was good too.

Episode 1 repeats are Wed BBC2 19.00, Thur BBC3 19.00, and Sat BBC3 20.00.
    Thanks just seen your reply there, may pop down to the curry shop first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

European supercars are an easy routine to fall back on, but it was a solid opener and I enjoyed it. No awful news section, either.

Advertisement