Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hate Justin Bieber?

• 29-01-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Well if you're in the Hip Hop section, I'm sure you hate him.

I personally do, as I think his voice would annoy the **** out of a dying cat.

Anyway, I found a nice rap song about him, there's two parts to the song, his first attack on JB and his response after the YouTube mods took down his first song.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Personally i think he's a scaldy little bastard, can't stand his queer voice and i can't wait until his voice breaks and ruins his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't listen to him or like his music, but he doesn't make me angry or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

Many people have different views on him, but hip-hop fans generally hate him

anishboi wrote: »
    Many people have different views on him, but hip-hop fans generally hate him

Where are you getting this information from? I've barely heard anyone I know express any emotion towards him, much less hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

That was so gay, bieber is the man. What age is the guy who made this I mean Bieber is not even 18 yet jesus, calling a kid a ******

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

he's hip-pop not hip hop.
    not worth talking about .......well maybe in a britney spears type thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Seriously if Justin Bieber is all that annoys you get a life. No one forces you to listen to him or read about him. I'm not into him musically or any other way but he's just a kid who has more money than most of us will ever have and like the greats in hip hop at the price of a normal life. If Justin's songs come on the radio or tv you can switch them off. I'm not being a nuisance, just giving my two cents.

I dunno, I put this up to cause a debate, but I personally don't like him.

Anyone like the songs?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Seriously if Justin Bieber is all that annoys you get a life. No one forces you to listen to him or read about him. I'm not into him musically or any other way but he's just a kid who has more money than most of us will ever have and like the greats in hip hop at the price of a normal life. If Justin's songs come on the radio or tv you can switch them off. I'm not being a nuisance, just giving my two cents.

I only put this up because I ran into that Rucka song on YouTube. Then I decided to put it up here...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Im sure he couldnt care less who hates him. I know i wouldnt if i had $100 million in the bank at 17.

• Advertisement

Biebers last tweet I seen sums up part of the reason I like him 'I never thought I'd leave Stanford, now I'm partying in France' He's living the dream, because we seen his beginnings we can connect with him, he's not some kid who just was plucked out of nowhere and then we heard about him like some disney kid. People seen him before he was famous, just singing on youtube, his mums biggest hope was he'd get to sing at churches then 5 years on to see the superstardom he's achieved its pretty crazy. We can all relate to it, he achieved what loads of us dream of. I wish I was him but I'm not jealous.
    He's not gonna be revolutionary for music, although he's by and far the biggest success of the whole upload yourself on youtube get famous so mayb in a way he was but he makes good music if its your thing. he's obviously talented and is a great performer. I notice the hate has died down in the past year or two, I know Biebs is gonna be around for a long time yet.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Biebers last tweet I seen sums up part of the reason I like him 'I never thought I'd leave Stanford, now I'm partying in France' He's living the dream, because we seen his beginnings we can connect with him, he's not some kid who just was plucked out of nowhere and then we heard about him outta nowhere. People seen him before he was famous, then to see the superstardom he's achieved its pretty crazy. We can all relate to it

His music is not good, and I do think he's as manufactured as any other pop star. There's a huge machine behind him, no doubt, and I don't really think he would have made it on talent alone. I wouldn't begrudge the kid his success though. I don't think he'll have much longevity (or maybe he'll grow up a bit and start making better music, who knows??), but like you say, he is living his dream and seems to be thoroughly enjoying it. He doesn't let anyone put him down, and I thought he handled himself very well when that malignant b*tch was trying to claim he got her pregnant and make a fool of him. Also, for someone who is genuine role model for young people, I think he is quite positive.

"100% BELIEBER" :P :P

Compare his voice in one time to his voice in next to you, drastic difference, he is maturing, his music has changed since my world. I'm interested to see what believe(new album) will be like

EdenHazard wrote: »

Biebers last tweet I seen sums up part of the reason I like him 'I never thought I'd leave Stanford, now I'm partying in France' He's living the dream, because we seen his beginnings we can connect with him, he's not some kid who just was plucked out of nowhere and then we heard about him like some disney kid. People seen him before he was famous, just singing on youtube, his mums biggest hope was he'd get to sing at churches then 5 years on to see the superstardom he's achieved its pretty crazy. We can all relate to it. I wish I was him but I'm not jealous
    I want his money but for me all that high life comes at a cost. He doesn't have the same high school experience that most his age do and can't do things that any kid his age can do like go out in public without the paparazzi following his every move.

The lad seriously doesn't deserve a mention in a hip hop thread, no need for him to be here, he doesn't belong in hip hop and he should stay in pop where he already has a large fan base of 9 year old girls.

I want his money but for me all that high life comes at a cost. He doesn't have the same high school experience that most his age do and can't do things that any kid his age can do like go out in public without the paparazzi following his every move.

Totally. He hasn't had a normal adolescence at all. He seems fairly grounded, but it's a strange life to be living for anyone of any age, much less a teenager. I think I would hate it. There's a lot to be said for having some level of anonymity. He can barely do anything without half the world hearing about it. I'm sure there's times when he wishes he could just walk down the street or go out with his friends without being photographed or mobbed.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The lad seriously doesn't deserve a mention in a hip hop thread, no need for him to be here, he doesn't belong in hip hop and he should stay in pop where he already has a large fan base of 9 year old girls.

I put it in this thread because the song that I attached to it, and intended you all to watch is a rap song.

But if the mods need to move it please do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

How about people discuss the lethal dialect album in the thread below or the nu-centz lupe fiasco collaboration also below.

Totally. He hasn't had a normal adolescence at all. He seems fairly grounded, but it's a strange life to be living for anyone of any age, much less a teenager. I think I would hate it. There's a lot to be said for having some level of anonymity. He can barely do anything without half the world hearing about it. I'm sure there's times when he wishes he could just walk down the street or go out with his friends without being photographed or mobbed.
    I know his music is sickly sweet but it's teenybopper friendly. I'd let my kids listen to him. Justin is harmless so he is.

• Advertisement

How about people discuss the lethal dialect album in the thread below or the nu-centz lupe fiasco collaboration also below.

Are they the posts you were on about when you said that my threads are getting more replies than Irish rappers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I know his music is sickly sweet but it's teenybopper friendly. I'd let my kids listen to him. Justin is harmless so he is.

just like young money with drake and the likes, i admire the beaver for at least not pretending to be gangsta though.

Are they the posts you were on about when you said that my threads are getting more replies than Irish rappers?

They are two recent ones, yes.

They are two recent ones, yes.

Ah right.

I suppose it's best that this thread be deleted from this forum, seeing as the responses have been nothing to do with hip hop and instead about how much money Bieber has in his bank account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I don't hate him or his music, do you? He's good at what he does.

Believe me, he's going to be the next Justin Timberlake. Give it a couple of years and he'll come back with a new 'grown man' image, move over to R&B music and do more acting, etc.

OP, to be honest, it sounds like you're jealous and bitter. Why you felt compelled to come to the hip-hop section to start a discussion about Justin Bieber is something I'll never understand. The fact that he's making more money than he can spend and can bang any bird he wants is irrelevant but he gets a thumbs up from me anyway. Stop bitching and move on with your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Scaly bastard, queer, hmmm. Interesting.

In all honesty he doesn't bother me in the slightest, I have no time for certain artists but irrational hatred I find very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Haters be hating. Props to the JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Personally i think he's a scaldy little bastard, can't stand his queer voice and i can't wait until his voice breaks and ruins his career.

Are posts like this really necessary? Also, if you think someone's voice wouldn't have broken by 17, you should probably see a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The few times I have heard Beiber rap, I have been impressed.

This is brilliant

I've said it here before, he basicly schools Kayne and Jay on how they should have rhymed over that beat.

I have no hate for JB. I dont really pay attention to pop culture and charts, in fact, I dont know if I've heard a proper Justin Bieber song. So I dont kno where all the dislike for him stems from.

The kid is talented.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The few times I have heard Beiber rap, I have been impressed.

This is brilliant

I've said it here before, he basicly schools Kayne and Jay on how they should have rhymed over that beat.

I have no hate for JB. I dont really pay attention to pop culture and charts, in fact, I dont know if I've heard a proper Justin Bieber song. So I dont kno where all the dislike for him stems from.

The kid is talented.

That's actually pretty good.

Yeah that is pretty good. But then he's wasting his time annoying the **** out of us with his stupid voice, he should just rap instead.

I hate any kind of men who try to sing feminine type songs.

Yeah that is pretty good. But then he's wasting his time annoying the **** out of us with his stupid voice, he should just rap instead.

Thats exactly the problem, he should stay as far away from rap as possible, i think rap would chew him up and spit him back out, the lad should stick to what he's apparently good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I really dont like his music at all but the level of hate the guy gets is ridiculous. If people get so wound up by him then do what I do and ignore him.

But then he's wasting his time annoying the **** out of us with his stupid voice,

As far as I can see, it's only you and Paddy who seem to be annoyed. Nobody else gives a sh*t enough to be annoyed.

• Advertisement

As far as I can see, it's only you and Paddy who seem to be annoyed. Nobody else gives a sh*t enough to be annoyed.

Not exactly annoyed, just dislike his music with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

gotta respect the hustle.......dude knows how to make that chedda.

17 and doing very very well, plus he rose organicaly through youtube and started a bidding war between well known artists so he deserves it as much as anyone does.

But, no seriously, he should not be rapping.

Thats exactly the problem, he should stay as far away from rap as possible, i think rap would chew him up and spit him back out, the lad should stick to what he's apparently good at.
    But, no seriously, he should not be rapping.

He is good at rapping though, look at the video Boom Bap posted. If anyone says that was bad then they're just purely hating on the kid for no good reason.

Justin Bieber killed Jay and Kanye on their own track :pac:

He's a fan of rap, respects the genre, and is half decent, what's the problem?

• Advertisement

He is a fan of rap, exactly he is a pop singer though.

I don't watch videos of guitarists rapping either, or jay-z playing guitar. It was not bad I agree and in general fair play to him as I said as much as anyone deserves the success it is him he worked for it.

Basically he is like Timbaland, I don't mind the guy I just wish he did not rap so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

obviously planned but he does kill it their in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

He does do well over the Otis beat, but that makes me want to hear Luda writing those kind of verses for himself rather than for Bieber :pac:

He seems like a humble guy, and in fairness, his interest and his delving into rap music is bound to get a few of fans into the genre

horsebox09 wrote: »
    He seems like a humble guy, and in fairness, his interest and his delving into rap music is bound to get a few of fans into the genre

Yes, but tbh they will be worse than the hip-hop "fans" who only like Eminem imo.

Yes, but tbh they will be worse than the hip-hop "fans" who only like Eminem imo.
    tbf mate if you only like eminem your not a rap fan, you just like eminem?

i genuinely cant for the life of me understand irrational hatred, hes a teenager making music for teenagers, who likes urban music, whats to hate?

r kelly has made many songs from the perspective of a woman, hes a genius.
    is that what you mean?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i genuinely cant for the life of me understand irrational hatred, hes a teenager making music for teenagers, who likes urban music, whats to hate?

I don't get it either. Nobody has to pay any attention to him if they don't want to. And yes, maybe he will get more people involved in hip hop. Nothing wrong with that either.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    tbf mate if you only like eminem your not a rap fan, you just like eminem?

No not me, but there are lots of people who like rap but only listen to people associated with Eminem.

As I said I dont mind the kid, fair play to him he deserves the fame but I just wish he would rap less and everyone would discuss his rapping less.

He has gotten more mentions and threads in this forum than Hopsin or even Jay Electronica for example and that is not right.

It's not like he has any shortage of friends in rap...

Dr. Dre

Diddy

Jay-Z
    Justin-Bieber-Jay-Z-Beyonce-Rihanna.jpg

Kanye
    justin-bieber-kanye-west.jpg

Lil Wayne/Drake
    justin-bieber-drake.jpg

Pharrell
    usher-bieber-pharrell.jpg

Luda
    GYI0065075324.jpg

Snoop
    Justin+Bieber+2011+Billboard+Music+Awards+AAP-Albv8-nl.jpg

Tyler, Kid Cudi
    justin-bieber-jayz-and-kanye-west.jpg

This kid is already transitioning from teen pop into R&B and hip-pop and he's making it look easy, the list of rappers/producers he's worked with so far is as long as his arm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement