Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hate Justin Bieber?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

No not me, but there are lots of people who like rap but only listen to people associated with Eminem.

As I said I dont mind the kid, fair play to him he deserves the fame but I just wish he would rap less and everyone would discuss his rapping less.

He has gotten more mentions and threads in this forum than Hopsin or even Jay Electronica for example and that is not right.
    i suppose thats fair enough, jay elec is not releasing anything, maybe thats why people dont discuss him.
    hopsin im not sure why hes not discussed, the little bit ive heard i like, very eminem, is that a widly held opinion, or just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

To most people everyone sounds like Eminem if they are white and/or cocky.
    They sound like Biggie if they are ….
    They sound like Q-Tip if they…..

People love to compare rappers to other rappers. That said Hopsin started rapping around when Eminem made it big (afaik) and I am fairly sure he is a fan of him so it is natural that he is influenced a bit by him.

Anyway they are just to of the most recently discussed rappers who most people would know that have had less discussion in a hip-hop forum than Justin Bieber has.

you can count on two hands, maybe one, the amount of people posting in this forum.
    we all have differing tastes, maybe the fans of hopsin should start a hopsin thread?

and in fairness mate, this thread is a hate thread, a few people are bemused by the hatred, its hardly a love in or a discussion about his music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

No but the amount of time JB has been mentioned in a hip-hop forum is fairly shambolic imo compared to the hundreds of other rappers who deserve some attention.

Bieber in general is not my problem. I have a similar gripe with Diddy and Timbaland.

Again the Hopsin and J Electronica were just 2 of the top of my head as they were discussed recently on this forum but much less in the past few months than Bieber for some odd reason on a hip-hop forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

It's not like he has any shortage of friends in rap...

in fairness most rappers are celebs and most celebs jump on the hottest thing out right now... thats always the way its been. To be seen with the beaver can only mean good things for them its a bandwagon thing.

all business man imo, doubt any of it is genuine, diddy would still be making music with lil kim etc if it was all love but it aint, its all about money.

like another industry turned rapper once said

If I get shot today my phone
    Will stop ringing again
    These industry niggaz ain't friends
    They know how to pretend

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

in fairness most rappers are celebs and most celebs jump on the hottest thing out right now... thats always the way its been. To be seen with the beaver can only mean good things for them its a bandwagon thing.

all business man imo, doubt any of it is genuine, diddy would still be making music with lil kim etc if it was all love but it aint, its all about money.

Will stop ringing again
    They know how to pretend

I really should have said associates or contacts instead of friends..

I don't mean to say that all of these rappers/producers are calling Justin every other day to see how he is (though some probably do) but they will all be more than willing to work with him and help him to make the transition into R&B/Hip-Pop. Everyone sees him now as an annoying kid whose voice has only broken but look at the bigger picture, he's going to continue to be the biggest star in music for a long, long time. It's always been business but can you imagine Dre working with a 17 year old, white, teeny-bopper 10 years ago?

The best comparison I can think of is Justin Timberlake - started off in a teen pop band a million miles away from any kind of rap at the time but eventually wound up working almost exclusively with Timbaland and Pharrell, collabing with dozens of rappers and fitting right in.

Point I'm making is that despite the few people in this thread praying that Justin stays away from Hip-Hop, it's only a matter of time before it happens, probably sooner than we think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

PrettyBoy wrote: »

Will stop ringing again
    They know how to pretend

I really should have said associates or contacts instead of friends..

I don't mean to say that all of these rappers/producers are calling Justin every other day to see how he is (though some probably do) but they will all be more than willing to work with him and help him to make the transition into R&B/Hip-Pop. Everyone sees him now as an annoying kid whose voice has only broken but look at the bigger picture, he's going to continue to be the biggest star in music for a long, long time. It's always been business but can you imagine Dre working with a 17 year old, white, teeny-bopper 10 years ago?

The best comparison I can think of is Justin Timberlake - started off in a teen pop band a million miles away from any kind of rap at the time but eventually wound up working almost exclusively with Timbaland and Pharrell, collabing with dozens of rappers and fitting right in.

Point I'm making is that despite the few people in this thread praying that Justin stays away from Hip-Hop, it's only a matter of time before it happens, probably sooner than we think.

Ye agree with that alright mate.

JT made a huge crossover alright very good example.

True aswell about him breaking into the hip hop market, his attempt at trying to enter the cypher is an example.

I'm not saying he won't break into hip hop, I don't really care if he does or not because I can't see myself ever listening to him tvh mate.

Advertisement