Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts

• 29-01-2012 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

We had a thread here some time ago, where we posted links to various modding bargains. It's a bit too old to bump it now, so here goes V2.

Post a link to a bargain, your bargain, any bargain modding related. Tools, equipment, hardware etc etc - you get the idea.

No shilling, spamming ot other tomfoolery ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Sadly I have to sell my rework station :(
    http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360-playstation-3-reflow-station-rework-station/1299707

My loss can be someone else's gain
    comes with pretty much everything you need to reflow pcb boards
    and face to face training on how to reflow a 360 so you will be set up from day one.

Limerick area only due to the weight of the system and the delicate nature of the infared plates in the preheater and the fact Im offering training.
    Will be delivered to your door.

Will make your money back easily and quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Sadly I have to sell my rework station :(
    http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360-playstation-3-reflow-station-rework-station/1299707

My loss can be someone else's gain
    comes with pretty much everything you need to reflow pcb boards
    and face to face training on how to reflow a 360 so you will be set up from day one.

Limerick area only due to the weight of the system and the delicate nature of the infared plates in the preheater and the fact Im offering training.
    Will be delivered to your door.

Will make your money back easily and quickly

Are you willing to sell your equipment separately? I'd be interested in the external thermocouples you had advertised before.

justryan wrote: »
    Are you willing to sell your equipment separately? I'd be interested in the external thermocouples you had advertised before.

We'll see,
    if I get an offer for the full system I'd rather sell it together.
    If not we'll talk.

very handy having the TC running off the mains alright,
    nothing worse than the battery's dying half ways through a reflow and your just judging it by eye to see when the solder melts.

We'll see,
    if I get an offer for the full system I'd rather sell it together.
    If not we'll talk.

very handy having the TC running off the mains alright,
    nothing worse than the battery's dying half ways through a reflow and your just judging it by eye to see when the solder melts.

No worries if you can't sell them separately, are your Xbox repairing days over?

No worries if you can't sell them separately, are your Xbox repairing days over?

For the foreseeable future anyway I had an allergic reaction to some flux a while back which set me back still not completely 100% ...and I have a few things that I really need to concentrate on like the leaving cert and sports etc.

But I'm still in half a mind about selling it,
    half thinking about holding onto it and starting up later on in the year ...but if the right offer comes along

• Advertisement

For the foreseeable future anyway ...have a few things that I really need to concentrate on like the leaving cert and sports etc.

I'm still in half a mind about selling it,
    half thinking about holding onto it and starting up later on in the year ...but if the right offer comes along

I would hold out and keep your equipment to make some money on the side, your not far off reballing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

adjustable temperature solder iron in lidl. Can't go wrong for €11.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

docentore wrote: »
    adjustable temperature solder iron in lidl. Can't go wrong for €11.99

Perfect for the one you love this valentines day

Thought I'd revive this thread with some bargains I found on ebay,

TIAO coolrunner dev board for RGH €11 shipped
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xilinx-CoolRunner-II-XC2C64A-Dev-Board-Core-Module-board-extra-component-/280803784505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416135b739#ht_1882wt_1344

I bought a few of these to test myself since there cheap,
    There is a video on the diygadget website showing this board consistantly booting a slim in 6-10 seconds :D

This seller is also selling a dvd drive connectivity kit for €16 euro shipped
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Connectivity-Kit-3-V3-CK3-NEW-/280803784500?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item416135b734#ht_2457wt_1344
    Considering I nearly paid twice this shipped for my xtractor3 kit I'd say its a pretty decent deal

Advertisement