Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you pay for full time child care in Galway?

Options
  • 29-01-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

My kids are at school so I am asking on behalf of a friend moving to Galway?

How much can she expect to pay to place her boy in to creche 9 to 5, Mon to Fri?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Our creche is €607/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I've heard the average is 120 per week for 5 full days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Shakti wrote: »
    Were did you here that?
    Thats slave labour and illegal,
    Considering minimum wage is 8.65 ph.
    10€ph sounds reasonable
    More time spent with a dictionary, or just reading the post you are responding to, and less time spent rushing to judgement might make for more enlightening posts. The OP asked about a creche not a child minder. The legal ratio of adults to children ranges from 1:3 to 1:10 over the course of the age group which might normally attend a creche so equating the minimum wage to the cost of looking after one child is illogical and unhelpful.

^^^This:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

magentas wrote: »
    I've heard the average is 120 per week for 5 full days

This price will be for outside galway city, private day care I guess at a persons house.

It depends with age of the child. it gets cheaper as they get older. In Galway city 190 - 160 from my experience. best si to get to galway childcare committee website for more info. Also they will send you a current list of all registered creches & childminders in Galway city and county with contacts. Let her call and start to see if there are spaces and ask for prices too

GOODME wrote: »
    This price will be for outside galway city, private day care I guess at a persons house.
    If you read the original post, the OP is asking for a CRECHE, not personal childcare.

magentas wrote: »
    If you read the original post, the OP is asking for a CRECHE, not personal childcare.

Which creche in Galway city will you pay 120 a week per child esp from baby age or 1 yr 9-5(8-6)? i still stick to my reply if you analyze you will understand i meant that the price is not possible in the city that is why i said what i said. And later i told her it depends with age.

If I analyze what?!

The OP asked a simple question. It's getting harder and harder to get a simple answer these days though!

I have to work now but I'll find out what creches and get back to you GOODME mmmkay;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Parenting forum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*mod note*

Can you please give a straight answer based on actual knowledge and experience please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

More time spent with a dictionary, or just reading the post you are responding to, and less time spent rushing to judgement might make for more enlightening posts. The OP asked about a creche not a child minder. The legal ratio of adults to children ranges from 1:3 to 1:10 over the course of the age group which might normally attend a creche so equating the minimum wage to the cost of looking after one child is illogical and unhelpful.

Yeah I read it back and then edited as soon as I realised my mistake but well done to you for the ninja quoting skills, you'll notice my edit time was before your post time, sorry to the op for conclusion jumped to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭gifted

We pay €1570 a month for our 2 kids, one is 3 in March and the other one in 18 months old. Thats from 8-30 to 5 in the evening. Nothing but praise for the creche and its staff but it kills us to pay that money every month. Cant wait for them to start school :)...

Advertisement