Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats in the box?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Could it be this:

Bren-MkI-ready-to-ship.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Are those Bren mags filled with 308?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

How are you getting around the 10 round limit , are they blocked ?
    Also doesn't the Bren meet the criteria for being designated an assault weapon , I.E . pistol grip , detachable mag and flash hider .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    Also doesn't the Bren meet the criteria for being designated an assault weapon , I.E . pistol grip , detachable mag and flash hider .

No limit to the mag capacity in a centre fire, but it is semi auto so it would be restricted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

garv123 wrote: »
    No limit to the mag capacity in a centre fire, but it is semi auto so it would be restricted.

Harmoniums is in California where the mags have to be 10 rounds or under:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

cruisedub1 wrote: »

The mags are blocked to ten rounds.
    Also here in CA you can have a center-fire as long as it doesn't have a pistol grip and detachable magazine release ad flash-hider.

The guy building it has cut the mag release such that it needs a tool to operate.

CA-bren-mag-release1.jpg

I'll pick up an un-bubbaed one in case the laws ever change.

Also if I want to use an unmodified release, I just have to delete the flash hider and pistol grip.

heres an alternative pistol grip:

DSCF3017.jpg

heres a modified flash hider

DSCF3015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Could you make a thumbhole stock for the Bren? something like the Dragunov?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm real jealous right now. I spent over a year waiting for a bloke
    in Scotland to make me a custom built (airsoft) Replica of a bren gun just for a display item at home, and in the end he failed to deliver so needed to get my money back. Would LOVE one having fired it as a teenager. Even a de-act would do me.....that and a nice FAL/L1A1 that I could strip and assemble to relive old childish memories. The MKIII model was the one I used to fire in the ol FCA days lovely lovely gun, I remember being
    down near the gun powder mills in Ballincollig on an NCO's course and being blindfolded spun around a few times and needing to be able to strip and assemble the gun.

~B

Advertisement