Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best white chocolate for baking?

Options
  • 29-01-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, like the title says I'm just wondering which brand of white chocolate is the best for baking with?
    I have a recipe for White choc & raspberry muffins that I want to make but I've never baked with white chocolate before...

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There's a great one in Lidl, in a purply/pink pack, it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I use that Lidl one too or the Divine one. I make sure it's a good vanillay tasting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

+1 for the lidl BellaRom White Chocolate, melts really well, lovely creamy texture and really cheap!
    104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Great, thanks for the help I'll try the Lidl one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Aldi's white chocolate bar is pretty similar to Lidl's and I've used it a good few times no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Green & Blacks is always the best but pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I am a huge white chocolate fan, I get migraine and rely on it for a treat when avoiding normal chocolate.

I have to disagree with kerash, though I normally love g&b choc, I find the white to have so much vanilla seeds it's almost grassy. As a result it doesn't melt as well as others either.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 deejam

They sound lovely, would you be able to share the recipe???:)

Advertisement