Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin based blues singer/harmonica player looking to jam with acoustic guitar player

Options
  • 30-01-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm a blues singer and harmonica player based in Drumcondra and I'm looking to jam with an acoustic blues guitarist. I'm hoping to play some old-school blues, as in delta/ragtime/gospel-blues/Piedmont-style, cover some artists like Robert Johnson, Big Bill Broonzy, Leadbelly, Skip James, Blind Willie McTell and others.

If you're an acoustic blues guitarist based in Dublin and you want to play this kind of music, please get in touch. I'd love to get an acoustic blues duo like Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee going and I'm open to any ideas you have yourself too. If you sing too, all the better!

I played in an electric blues band for 4 years, playing Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf, and while I love that music, I'm hoping to do something different. I'm not looking to join an electric band, I'd like to keep this acoustic and old-school blues. If you're interested, drop me a line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Duffman86

Hi mate 26 year old guitar player from balbriggan but willing to travel love the influences btw been playing ten or eleven years now big rory gallagher fan and as a result of that iv been listening to a lot of Elmore James, Albert King Muddy, Howlin wolf and SRV let us know if you are still on the lookout

• Registered Users Posts: 13 plunkett music

Good to hear from you. Yeah, I'm up for jamming. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 freebirduk

I'm a blues singer and harmonica player based in Drumcondra and I'm looking to jam with an acoustic blues guitarist. I'm hoping to play some old-school blues, as in delta/ragtime/gospel-blues/Piedmont-style, cover some artists like Robert Johnson, Big Bill Broonzy, Leadbelly, Skip James, Blind Willie McTell and others.

If you're an acoustic blues guitarist based in Dublin and you want to play this kind of music, please get in touch. I'd love to get an acoustic blues duo like Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee going and I'm open to any ideas you have yourself too. If you sing too, all the better!

I played in an electric blues band for 4 years, playing Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf, and while I love that music, I'm hoping to do something different. I'm not looking to join an electric band, I'd like to keep this acoustic and old-school blues. If you're interested, drop me a line.

Hey there! Not sure if you are still about but I am looking for harmonica teacher...don't have to be a qualifield teacher..just a good harmonica player and pref play guitar. Please let me know if you are still around or if you know of anyone in Dublin who plays harmonica!!! freebirduk'at'yahoo.co.uk thanks so much!!! Shareen

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jean4711

Hi I live in drumcondra and looking for a harmonica teacher. I play the piano and can play 1 song on the harmonica! Id love to learn how to play blues or anything at all like john fullbright!

Advertisement