Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest regional work for girls?

Options
  • 30-01-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just asking this on behalf of my girlfriend, what would be the easiest type of regional work in oz? (e.g traffic management v picking fruit).
    I know some of it can be quite physical so she is trying to avoid it :)
    If anyone has done the regional work please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Traffic control is far less physical than fruit picking.
    The pay is prob better too.

On the other hand, anyone can get hired for fruit picking. No experience needed.
    Traffic control requires you to have the white card, plus a TC ticket. Easy courses to pass.
    But getting a job in a regional area without experience may prove difficult. If somebody with exp is availible, they be choosen over your GF everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Are you going with her?

If she's willing to do it on her own, there are tonnes of dairy farms who look for girls to do 4 or 5 hours a day looking after the calves. It's pretty easy work and she will have most of her days free. Get her to put an ad on Gumtree or look at the ads herself. It'll be coming into calving season shortly so work should pick up.

People who insist on going together or in groups generally only get fruitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

zweton wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just asking this on behalf of my girlfriend, what would be the easiest type of regional work in oz? (e.g traffic management v picking fruit).
    I know some of it can be quite physical so she is trying to avoid it :)
    If anyone has done the regional work please let me know.

Thanks

Easy work for girls?? :confused:

C'mon..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Batgurl wrote: »
    Are you going with her?

If she's willing to do it on her own, there are tonnes of dairy farms who look for girls to do 4 or 5 hours a day looking after the calves. It's pretty easy work and she will have most of her days free. Get her to put an ad on Gumtree or look at the ads herself. It'll be coming into calving season shortly so work should pick up.

People who insist on going together or in groups generally only get fruitpicking.

I am yes, that sounds like good info thanks:)

sudzs wrote: »
    Easy work for girls?? :confused:

C'mon..... :rolleyes:

Haha ah ya know what i mean, something easy on the back like:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

zweton wrote: »
    Haha ah ya know what i mean, something easy on the back like:)

I know something she could do lying down that pays well but I don't think you would like it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Not on the approved work list Doc ....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zambia wrote: »

But I had a friend who got his 2nd WHV erecting scaffolds and rigs out west.
    A bit unfair that other erections operations don't count. As its easy work for the females.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Doc wrote: »
    I know something she could do lying down that pays well but I don't think you would like it.:pac:
    That says more about you than her;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Zambia wrote: »

What if it included the reverse cowgirl position?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Zweton I can only apologise, however on the bright side it does keep bumping your thread...

I think ye need to get out a bit more lads:D

Advertisement