Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Statements Help!!!

Options
  • 30-01-2012 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Confused by what UCD want regarding personal statements. I have read all of their literature and it said they don't require an application seperate from the CAO. I have had a look at their templates and they require course codes on the personal statement. They have said also they require a statement for every course. However I read things to the effect that, you only send one statement to the CAO or you only send one for each college you are applying for, for your first preference in that college.
    If I can only send in one statement to the CAO how can I meet the requirement a personal statement for UCD, and the other course I plan on studying. I was really happy with my personal statement until I was thrown by the information on the UCD website. Now I am stumped as to what to do.

If I only need the one statement, then I am set. If now I am in a right pickle. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi OP,
    You only need one personal statement. :)
    The UCD templates are suggestions and aren't mandatory. They can be useful to some mature applicants who might only be applying for one or two courses in the college or courses in a very similar field. To be honest most personal statements should cover the same sorts of information anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

So maybe just revert to my old statement. I had everything I needed covered in that. So I will remove information as to why I want specific courses, and why I want to study in a particular college. Any Chance you could have a gland over my statement as it via PM. Will remove my references to individual courses.

*Edit* Oh and thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

So maybe just revert to my old statement. I had everything I needed covered in that. So I will remove information as to why I want specific courses, and why I want to study in a particular college. Any Chance you could have a gland over my statement as it via PM. Will remove my references to individual courses.

*Edit* Oh and thanks for your reply.

Will do. I'll PM you my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Email has been sent thanks.

Advertisement