Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get Bowen from Sydney

Options
  • 30-01-2012 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how ye would recommend getting to Bowen from sydney, I need to get up their for fruit work just want to get there as cheap as possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hitch hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Bowen is a disaster to get in or out of.
    Fly into Townsville. Greyhound or Premier bus to Bowen.
    Are you planning on going now? It wont be easy getting work at this time of year.
    Your better off waiting until April/May.
    I lived there on and off for 2 years.
    What hostel are you planning on going to?

That's the cheapest way to get there apart from hitch hiking which I wouldn't advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

chrismon wrote: »
    That's the cheapest way to get there apart from hitch hiking which I wouldn't advise.
    Que deliverance music in background ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Nah you will be alright hitching, just watch Wolf Creek first mate, you will have some great Craic altogether...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Are you planning on going now? It wont be easy getting work at this time of year.
    A hostel has told me they have work planting, I need to go now as im running out of money and need to do my farm work

astonaidan wrote: »
    A hostel has told me they have work planting, I need to go now as im running out of money and need to do my farm work

What hostel is it?
    Must be Aussie Nomads, IV seen them tell so many people about work that isn't there. Most of the other hostels in Bowen font open till May.
    You might get lucky and get a job planting, but ill bet there's alot of people on the waiting list. Best of luck with it regardless.

Advertisement