Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avast! anti virus softward

• 30-01-2012 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

I used AVAST! for the 30 day free trial and was very happy with it - no problems at all. Yesterday I purchased the 1 year package online. Now I've a couple of problems ...It won't allow me to print from websitesTried to book hotel but won't allow me to enter the dates I need - I click on the calendar and nothing happens.My son wanted to access something on his school's website - he clicked on the link, it opened a new tab but the new screen then remained blank.... and these are the problems I've found so far, there could be more!!I'm sure you can tell from the above explanations that I'm not very computer literate!!!! I really would appreciate any help you can offer... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭annfield1978

dont buy anti virus software, waste of money

windows defender is more than adequate and is free

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Open avast user interface(right click on icon)-real time shields-web shield-expert settings-sensitivity check its set to normal

When your sub is finished just get the free version of avast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Thanks for your reply mp22. I followed your instructions and the "Heuristics Senstivity" was already set at normal, below it there's a ticked box for "use code emulation". I must admit I'm not technical at all and it's like a foreign language to me. I'd previously tried to download the free version of AVAST! but it wasn't recommended for online banking etc so I took the 30 day trial of the business version. The trial expired over the weekend so I purchased the business package and now I've all these problems. I would really appreciate any other suggestions. THANK YOU!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Same start goto network shield and turn it off see can you print the web page ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

mp22 - thanks again for your post, I tried that but it didn't work. I've emailed AVAST so hopefully they'll send me the solution asap. Fingers crossed it won't be too technical. THANKS AGAIN

• Advertisement

I assume you are using Internet Explorer (the big blue e)?

If yes, try another browser.

Try either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both of these browsers are better and more secure than Internet Explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Also, are you only running Avast, or have you another Anti-Virus program on the PC? If you are running more than Avast, there is the possibility of conflicts between the two.

Advertisement