Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old boats

Options
  • 30-01-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm doing a photography project based on old boats, If anyone knows where there are boats in unusual places or unusual boats in the Northwest area especially, condition unimportant would you please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Donal do you want to take the photo yourself or are you looking for photos as well for the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Donal 1957

Hi, just looking for location's and will take photos myself. the can be rusty, broken, something growing in then,whatever

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Donal 1957 wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for location's and will take photos myself. the can be rusty, broken, something growing in then,whatever

It might also be worth your while posting here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=950 there would be more people local to you.
    Best of luck and be sure to show us some of your boaty photos when your done:D

Will do, I'm new to boards so just trying to figure it out, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,164 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

These three boats are up on a grassy sandbank behind Magheraroarty beach, north Co. Donegal. I've always wondered why they're there, and how they got there.

SNIP

By the way - how the hell do you post an actual picture on here, instead of a link? :confused::confused:

ETA - just realised that link led you to an entire album instead of just that picture so I've removed it - PM me if you want me to send you a copy of the picture. They really are quite a sight - I'd love to see a "proper" picture of them sometime!

If anyone can tell me how to post an individual picture up here, I'll post it!

• Advertisement

Great photos. You copy the link then click on the yellow box with a mountain on it you will see it when you hit reply or new post, delete the "https" and paste in your link.

P1010404.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,164 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh well done! Thanks.

It's not hard to get nice photos up there - it's magnificent, especially in cold clear weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ahun

This one is in Castletownbere:

ahun wrote: »

Great boat, would love to get but a bit far for now but there again i have 52 weeks to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

ahun wrote: »

Put it up on donedeal. Free boat, minor hull damage.

• Advertisement

Had to change the theme from boats to nautacal because i may not get enough boats and it will give me a wider choice so still looking for boats ect. this weeks photograph for you to see http://www.flickr.com/photos/donalhackett/6808824605/in/photostream

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

Hi Donal,

There are a few different boats worth photographing around Donegal. There's one semi submerged skeleton on the beach in Bunbeg; another 2 up the channel of the Mill River as you're going into Buncrana; the 'Horizon' which is under the cliffs in Saldhana Head at Knockalla, near Portsalon; there's another semi submerged wreck at the Boat Yard in Mulroy Bay.

If you were coming a run to Donegal and wanted some ideas or directions PM me and I'll tell you what I can.

Advertisement