If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good Record Deck

Options
  • 30-01-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I have an old collection of Vinyl I would like to give a spin.

What are your best turntables and prices please ?

Thank You.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Just a quick question, does your current amp have a built in phono stage?

If the answer to that is yes then check out the Marantz TT42. This has been around for a while and still one of our most popular turntables to this day. Our current price on this is £179.95.

http://marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFi&SubCatId=Turntable&ProductId=TT42

If you don't have a phono stage check out the Denon DP200, another class wee USB turntable. Also good for just kicking back and listening to some tunes. :)

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=HiFiComponents&SubId=Turntables&ProductId=DP200USB

I don't have this in stock at the moment but should hopefully be able to get them in soon. Our current price on this is £149.95.

If you're not sure about the amp give us the model number and I can check it for you.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

I have a Marantz PM8003 , there is a phono input on this , also there is a phono stage in my Yamaha Receiver ,

With regards to a turntable , I was looking for something with a bit more "Weight" , in more than one sense of the word. The Marantz deck you linked too is not for me.

What do you have from Project ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

andy1249 wrote: »
    I have a Marantz PM8003 , there is a phono input on this , also there is a phono stage in my Yamaha Receiver ,

With regards to a turntable , I was looking for something with a bit more "Weight" , in more than one sense of the word. The Marantz deck you linked too is not for me.

What do you have from Project ?

Andy,

apologies for the delay getting back to you..

We have the: Project Essential at £139.95

The Project Genie III at £179.95

and

The Project Debut Se at £229.95

Keep me posted if any of these are of interest - the Marantz 8003 is a really nice amp and the projects will work well with it...

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

The project Debut SE looks good to me , is that the latest version ?

If so I would be interested in that and would like to buy a second cartridge as well , whichever one it comes with.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Andy.

The Project is the latest version and comes with the Ortofon Super OM10 cartridge.

We can order carts in, but weirdly, this cartridge isn't yet showing to available as a single cart.

It doesn't show on the Ortofon website either, but this is a very new deck and a new cart too.

We can certainly supply the deck but it looks like it may be another while before we can get the cart as a spare.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

OK Dave , I would like to go ahead and order this , I'll get the extra cartridges off you later when they are available.

PM me with a number and I'll call.

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Andy,

If you'd like to give us a shout on 0044 333 900 0071 / 0044 333 900 0070 we can get you sorted out. :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.