Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats you next piece going to be....

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Title says it all really but what artwork are you thinking about getting done in the future? (and yes i am just being a nosy fecker :P)

I'm planning on getting something similar to this but with a bit more detail whenever funds allow and i also want to get my half sleeve finished (I have a few ideas about what to add but nothing concrete as yet)

I'd also love to get a Derek Hess inspired piece but exactly what and where, is going to need a lot more taught.

So what ye planning? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My next piece is a sacred heart locket with 2 flowers, which I'm getting today :D

After that I', getting these lyrics ,

'Your eyelids they faint and they shiver,
    like the wings of the last bird to leave,
    For the south, for the heat, for no reason,
    I watch as they fly for sheer joy'

Thinking of putting them on my shoulder blade! Lot more thought to go go into that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've several ideas in my head at the minute. :(

One piece representing my mum (not a memorial tatt, she's still with us thankfully!) that will have UV elements.
    A geek half-sleeve idea with old video game characters, and another with old cartoon characters from 80's/early 90's cartoons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I want a little devil on my bum ;)

But more seriously I want a Mario Mega star, a Hylian shield or a Tri-force, a little Totoro and some soot sprites.

I have had these ideas for years now and have done nothing about them so I don't know if they will actually happen but I hope I can make my mind up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Elbow wrote: »
    I'd also love to get a Derek Hess inspired piece but exactly what and where, is going to need a lot more taught.

So what ye planning? :D

Derek Hess you say?
    dhrecedingtide.jpg

Part one of a DH sleeve, (Needs a bit of a touch up). Next one though will be a celebration one for the birth of my little baby girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I'm planning a gypsy style Day of the Dead skull on my thigh, it's very big and very colourful.

Also, have half planned for a set of butterfly wings on my back, but am unsure about that one.... Want a full back piece but want something feminine and pretty (the complete opposite to what i am in real life i think :D ) I like the wings but not sure if they will 'wear well' iykwim?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Getting started on a new piece this Week. It's gonna be an onna bugeisha themed piece on my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

My next piece is a sacred heart locket with 2 flowers, which I'm getting today :D

After that I', getting these lyrics ,

'Your eyelids they faint and they shiver,
    like the wings of the last bird to leave,
    For the south, for the heat, for no reason,
    I watch as they fly for sheer joy'

Thinking of putting them on my shoulder blade! Lot more thought to go go into that one!

Nice 1, One of my favorite songs!

@solvableknave thats very very nice, where'd ya get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My next piece will be a movie reel down alony my ribcage, and within each reel im going to put different iconic scenes from different films. Im hoping ill fit three maybe four different scenes down along my ribcage, have about twenty scenes at the momment picked out so have some serious narrowing down to do.

Also on my oppossite ribcage I want this

Fear not for the future
    Weep not for the past
    I am not afraid of tomorrow
    For I have seen yesterday
    And I love today

But not just the words im trying to come up with an idea that I can have designed around it, something that would tie in with it, im thinking black and red really detailed at the momment as I love contrast. These will both be done its just a matter of when.

Just waiting to finish a half sleeve im in the middle of getting which is dragging out a bit due to laser removal before I can finish a cover up draggin on over a year now :mad:.

Nice 1, One of my favorite songs!

I wondered if anyone would recognise the song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A geek half-sleeve idea with old video game characters, and another with old cartoon characters from 80's/early 90's cartoons

Hey that's my idea, but on my leg!! :D

Getting my koi finished soon and then after that alternate between doing my videogame/cartoon leg sleeve and getting a geisha girl on my forearm. Not 100% certain on the geisha yet as I have a very specific image in mind so not finding it easy to get a few referneces for an artist to work with.

• Advertisement

Getting my koi finished soon and then after that alternate between doing my videogame/cartoon leg sleeve and getting a geisha girl on my forearm. Not 100% certain on the geisha yet as I have a very specific image in mind so not finding it easy to get a few referneces for an artist to work with.
    Mine is two leg half sleeves, get your own ideas punkeman! ;-)

Mine is two leg half sleeves

I always call them socks :D

I always call them socks :D

I like it! :D

I guess what I'm planning would be shorts legs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

I'm getting a ship in a bottle with some roses around it to finish off my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mine is two leg half sleeves, get your own ideas punkeman! ;-)

Nah mine is going to be my full leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

1 quote in white UV ink along my right forearm, 1 pseudo-equation in white UV ink along my left forearm, grim reaper in a very specific pose on my upper left arm and a specific structure made of bone on my left forearm.

I really need to find the time to sit down and sketch the latter two...
    Been having a look at some artists web pages to try decide who to go to but still not 100% sure.

This is turning into an expensive thread :p

This is turning into an expensive thread :p

Quality doesn't come cheap...:p

Reku wrote: »
    Quality doesn't come cheap...:p

Tell me about it, i've more cash on my arms than in my bank account! :D (or should that be :()

I have had the itch for new ink for so long now. :( Been around 2.5 years since my last one!!! D: Stupid bills and needing to save for things. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

have the plans and pics for hopefully an awesome Dr. Who half sleeve and hopefully starting that in the next month or so. :D

I have had the itch for new ink for so long now. :( Been around 2.5 years since my last one!!! D: Stupid bills and needing to save for things. :(

Well i'm booked in to have the biomech piece done at the end of feb now, **** the bank i'm treating myself :p

Well i'm booked in to have the biomech piece done at the end of feb now, **** the bank i'm treating myself :p
    *wonders if the government might bail Elbow out after this...*:D

Reku wrote: »
    *wonders if the government might bail Elbow out after this...*:D

They'll have to come after me with sandpaper to seize it! :p

They'll have to come after me with sandpaper to seize it! :p

Nah, just a chainsaw, then you'd have to add "No" to the front of your username.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UnklePhil

I plan to get a portrait of a young Queen Elizibeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I'll be getting a Chinese style wingless dragon spiralling from my wrist to shoulder on my right arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'm getting these:

Sugar-and-Spice-Cupcake-Logos-tattoo.png

i also really like these two:

skull7.jpg

skull2.jpg

and maybe this one:

Skull1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Planning on getting a Charmander and Charmeleon on my leg to go with the Charizard. I'm still a child at heart :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I want a kinda celtic triskele piece on my chest, with the possibility of using it as an outline for scarification. Have the design and everything I just need to be less poor!

Advertisement