Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox repair help

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi everyone been having trouble with my xbox the last week or so games wont load anymore I went through the troubleshooting steps on the xbox website but still no luck, I was wondering can I get it repaired without sending it off to microsoft as that seems a lot of hassle. I looked up two repair places in dublin can anyone tell me if they are any good and will they fix an xbox quickly and with no hassle?

http://www.consolepros.ie/

http://www.****************/

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

For a good repair service I'd prefer to send it to Microsoft IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

chin_grin wrote: »
    For a good repair service I'd prefer to send it to Microsoft IMO.

How long do they take? I'd prefer to just leave it in with a place in dublin and pick it up in a day or two. Just noticed the second link is marked out, are they banned on here or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If your any way remotely handy, you can do it yourself. Laser failure is a common issue & easily fixed. There's plenty of online videos and tutorials on how to do it.

EnterNow wrote: »
    If your any way remotely handy, you can do it yourself. Laser failure is a common issue & easily fixed. There's plenty of online videos and tutorials on how to do it.

I'm not, like I said i'm just looking for a place to drop it in and have it fixed quickly, any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

There's a few experienced repairers on this thread if your brave enough to send a PM or two http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

And just to clarify you don't automatically get banned for having a third-party repair your console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Rebeloution

If your console is still in warranty you should send it to microsoft the only down side is you might be without your console for longer than a month .

i had the open tray error which is pretty much the same as the disc error/read
    issue. i phoned all the console repair centres in dublin and the one in bray,
    i was quoted prices from €70 to €120 to get my console fixed.

i did some searches on you tube to see if there were any tutorials on my problem and there was tons , most of them were just idiots smacking their console (cause it was being bold ) saying this is just a temporary fix ,
    Stay clear of temporary fixes they will just add to your problems in the long run.

i found out that i needed to replace the laser in my console which is the 250 gig slim 360 , so i watched a tut showing how to tear down the console and replace the laser pot.

i then took apart my 360 found out what make of drive and laser it had as there are apparently 4 different dvd drives used in 360's ,
    then i went on to eBay searched for correct laser pot and bought it,
    placed the order on a thursday and received my laser on the following monday(yesterday).

i replaced the laser pot last night and im now back on line with a fully functioning 360.
    All For The Mere Sum of €16 (RESULT) Which is the price of the laser with p&p.

hope this helps and if anyone has any questions or would like some help i'm happy to help.

Xbox Gamertag :shiznit4sure

Psn Id: SHIZNIT4SURE

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Check Tech solutions on the north circular road. They can fix most issues with Game consoles and are a fair price.

01 8197834
    Tech Solutions 511 North Circular Road, Dublin 1 Co. Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RubberDuckz1la

i had to get mine repaired and microsoft took it
    it took 2 weeks and they collected it at my house was no hassle
    customer service was unbeleivable

If your console is still in warranty you should send it to microsoft the only down side is you might be without your console for longer than a month .

i had the open tray error which is pretty much the same as the disc error/read
    issue. i phoned all the console repair centres in dublin and the one in bray,
    i was quoted prices from €70 to €120 to get my console fixed.

i did some searches on you tube to see if there were any tutorials on my problem and there was tons , most of them were just idiots smacking their console (cause it was being bold ) saying this is just a temporary fix ,
    Stay clear of temporary fixes they will just add to your problems in the long run.

i found out that i needed to replace the laser in my console which is the 250 gig slim 360 , so i watched a tut showing how to tear down the console and replace the laser pot.

i then took apart my 360 found out what make of drive and laser it had as there are apparently 4 different dvd drives used in 360's ,
    then i went on to eBay searched for correct laser pot and bought it,
    placed the order on a thursday and received my laser on the following monday(yesterday).

i replaced the laser pot last night and im now back on line with a fully functioning 360.
    All For The Mere Sum of €16 (RESULT) Which is the price of the laser with p&p.

hope this helps and if anyone has any questions or would like some help i'm happy to help.

Xbox Gamertag :shiznit4sure

Psn Id: SHIZNIT4SURE

Thanks for that reply, when you put it like that it seems doable, I'm just afraid of making it even worse as I'm not very good with technical stuff but the general consensus seems to be do it yourself rather than bring it to a shop to get it fixed, so I guess I'll give it a try.
    Check Tech solutions on the north circular road. They can fix most issues with Game consoles and are a fair price.

01 8197834
    Tech Solutions 511 North Circular Road, Dublin 1 Co. Dublin

Their website says pc repairs? they do consoles as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rebeloution

_oveless wrote: »
    Thanks for that reply, when you put it like that it seems doable, I'm just afraid of making it even worse as I'm not very good with technical stuff but the general consensus seems to be do it yourself rather than bring it to a shop to get it fixed, so I guess I'll give it a try.

i would also suggest that you have a set of precision screw drivers if you
    are going to D.I.Y , if you don't have them they cost about €5:50

and when ordering your laser pot from E-bay ask them to remove the static solder ball if you don't own a soldering iron some sellers charge an additional
    £1 fee for removal but if you ask nicely most do it for free.

Good Luck with your Fix Bud .

• Advertisement
Advertisement