Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITT Cyling Club

Options
  • 30-01-2012 12:28pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the recent (and current) intervarsities here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056523038

I was wondering is there any interest in starting a cycle club within the college? What would interested students expect or ask from such a club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I was added to the facebook group, I cycle to and from college but I don't own and road bike. It's a 5 year old mountain bike :lol:

It's a good idea tbh. If I could afford a road bike that was decent it would be something I'd like to do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AG2R wrote: »
    I was added to the facebook group, I cycle to and from college but I don't own and road bike. It's a 5 year old mountain bike :lol:

It's a good idea tbh. If I could afford a road bike that was decent it would be something I'd like to do

We are thinking of setting up a stand on Wednesday so call down if your around, its only to guage interest. The former ITT club were all MTBers.
    Personally if you have an interest in Cycling whatever form, be it social, road racing, MTBing or whatever your more than welcome to come along.

If it gets enough interest we could set up a few different things aside from the racing including quick how tos on tube changing, servicing, locking methods etc.

I know the former club used to take trips to Ballyhoura alot but there are several little things the club could offer eg loan of a pump, levers etc.

Advertisement