Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see new posts in a thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just throwing in my two cents, looked at the single post and its numbered #2680. When I went into the thread and viewed the last page, the last post number is #2658. Using IE 8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hmm, appears to be working fine now.
    Just throwing in my two cents, looked at the single post and its numbered #2680. When I went into the thread and viewed the last page, the last post number is #2658. Using IE 8.

Aye, that's why it seemed so odd. Post count was going up but couldn't see the posts at the time. 2 other posters have mentioned it onthread as well.

Edit:

A third'un now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Same for me as for Dravs post above, only going into that same thread this was the last post showing (though UserCP showed more had been added) Using Chrome (16.0.912.77)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Thanks for the report guys. I have a few ideas what might be causing this but the ultimate problem is that vbulletin (our underlying forum software) really sucks hard at mega threads. There's a lot of voodoo going on to keep the site responsive and still cater for threads this size.

I'll log this as an issue but unless it becomes a recurrent problem it will probably stay fairly low priority.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement