Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA in Sydney

Options
  • 30-01-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just wondering are there any sites like boards in Sydney or Oz that follow the local MMA scene? or promoters sites with info on local shows?
    Did a few searchs but anything i found was fairly poor.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

What's MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What's MMA?
    Mixed Martial Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.mmaforum.com.au/

Seema obvious now ;)
    There are a few others, but none seam that bust really. I think Sherdog is prob just as good a bet.

What exactly are you lookign for?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Cheers Mellor,

I use the usual sherdog, bloodyelbow, mmanews for the big scene.

But you know what the MMA forum on boards is like, its great for all the shows with fight cards, when, where for local stuff around Ireland

Just really looking for info on the local shows so i can go to a few, was at one in punchbowl a few months ago but only had 2 MMA fights and the rest kickboxing so looking for more MMA related shows.

Also looking for a good MMA gym around St Peters, Newtown, Marrickville?

There is one on princess highway Darkside MMA but it looks a bit like a place trying to cash in on the MMA buzz, cant find any fight records for any coaches there.
    I could be wrong it could be a great place but its also pricey enough 110 a month and thats what i was paying in boxing works and you have the likes of Peter Graham, Steve Moxon and a few BBJ black belts training you its well worth it but with work i just wont make the classes in town now

I've been looking for a gym myself.
    They all seam pretty price. That on top on my current gym is a bit much. I'd like to keep that, so i can keep up the strength and conditioning stuff.

My new appartment has a pool and a gym, so once i move in i'll see if its good enough. If it is i'll consider boxing works or one of the city gyms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Man boxing works is a great place, iv trained in 3 or 4 gyms at home all great gyms but boxings works has the best facilities and coaching iv seen.
    The website gives it the wrong impression, it looks a bit girly but has 2 small rings, cage downstairs plenty of sparring, rolling, bags and free weights but they have put the price up as far as i know i had the old price as i was there before they went up, think its about 125 a month
    Except for Will Heffernan for Strength and Conditioning by far the best iv trained with for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

mixedmartialarts.com have an Australasia forum. Might be worth asking the guys in there where you can get info on the local scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

I dont know if you get Channel 31 in Sydney but it has a show called Fight Night thats about MMA in Australia. I think its just in Melbourne though so probably not much use to you. You might be able to watch it online.

It's only a Melbourne channel afaik.

I'm guessing none of the fights are in cages due to the stupid rules in victoria

Advertisement