Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Johnstown like to live

Options
  • 30-01-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I saw a couple of threads but they seemed a good few years old. Thinking of moving to a place just outside Johnstown ( Athlumney Road) and was wondering what the area is like nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

This thread saves me starting a similar one, we're in the same position. From what we've seen it seems nice. Well some parts are more built up than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

There were other threads about that area, worth reading if you're considering moving there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056298311

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Johnstown is nice... its very very built up in some areas like you say... athlumney woods is vast and you could get lost driving in there!

Its basically a suburb of dublin at this stage... (nothing against dubs before anyone starts!) It has its couple of bars... and of course Supervalu and the rest of the smaller shops there/the pool and gym etc... so all you could want.

I have a couple of mates living up there and i jog regularly around the area and from what i see each time im round there, it has its small gangs of youths with nothing to do hanging around and who also dont understand what litter bins are for... and my one of my mates in athlumney woods has headaches with parking outside his own place... neighbours always giving out about parking and he was saying that there is no sense of community at all and he seems to be thankful that he is only renting up there.

While on the other hand my other mate living up in millbrook loves it and he is well settled in there.

Op, there is nothing stopping you from maybe knocking on the door of a house near to where you are looking at (preferably a house with a family - easily spotted as it might have a people carrier/toys on the lawn etc.) and asking an opinion of what life is like around the area... generally people will be honest when asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I'm originally from Dublin.

I think its a nice area. However, I reserve final judgement for 10 years (bear with me here) as there are currently no facilities (youth clubs/skateboard parks etc.) whatsover for young adults/teenagers.

Its not a problem now, but give it ten years and you'll probably have hundreds of teenagers hanging around looking for something to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    I'm originally from Dublin.

I think its a nice area. However, I reserve final judgement for 10 years (bear with me here) as there are currently no facilities (youth clubs/skateboard parks etc.) whatsover for young adults/teenagers.

Its not a problem now, but give it ten years and you'll probably have hundreds of teenagers hanging around looking for something to do.

I agree totally.

Im sure though that there is a meath youth federation youth club up there somewhere? I might be wrong though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement