Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a Waterford newbie?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Another nice response, if someone dosent like it then go and f=ck off back to your own country! you really are helping me prove my point with answeres like that!
    And i didnt get my child baptised on a rumour i was told this, so was my partner! there werent any places we were asked what religon and the result was it would be easier for the child to be baptised catholic if you want a school place. My how my point is being proven they dont like whats being said so they start telling pepole to f,ck off and go back to where you came from? and to the other poster who started talking about Germany, dont tell me about a country ive lived in before among others in Europe, Germany teaches children in Turkish because theres so many Turks that come to Germany with children that they couldnt ignore them so they started teaching them in Turkish in German schools.

This is the attitude i was talking about its almost xenaphobic, and it will get worse with these rececession, A polish woman was nearly burnt at the stake the other day because she was interview for a news paper and it was completely taken out of context and she was nearly being man hunted to be thrown out of the country! you cant get the dole in ireland by quiting a job to obtain social welfare for a start!

Too many minority groups coming here try to change our culture to suit their own needs. I feel if someone comes here they should blend into the norm and keep your mouth shut and head down and get on with it. The same as if an Irish person goes abroad he should also follow the local traditions and laws and blend into his new society.
    Polish girls going on TV bragging how they live comfortable on the dole doesn’t do anything to help your cause, nor does coming on here running down our school system because they don’t teach whatever bible you believe in.
    The school system here has served us well up to now and we as Irish people are reasonably happy with it. A good percentage of Irish people that are christened are not practising Catholics and treat the Bible as fairytales but use the Church celebrations like Xmas or Easter as a pi$$ up. I suggest you do the same and use the system to suit yourself and not try change it. Did you ever consider that we might not want as a Nation to become a multi-cultural society like Britain for instance and are happy the way it is.
    You only get one life no point beating yourself up over Religion, treat others they way you'd like to be treated and you'll get on ok here

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Id rather not say to be honest!

Had no problems living in Dublin, just here seems to very small minded or like a small town metality.
    Ive found it tough going, there are some nice people of course.

bullsh1t.
    waterford people are far from been small minded, infact they are probably the most frindliest and outgoing folk in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I suppose Waterford people just need to be more open minded towards people who get their kid baptised in a religion they don't believe in for a reason that isn't true.

Did you know that if your kid doesn't play hurling they won't be allowed attend university?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Thanks for helping me prove my point, calling me a liar about about having to go and have a child who was big enough to stand at the alter while water was splashed because we WERE ADVISED to have the child Christened if we wanted to get a place in a school.

Dont call me a liar about a process that i had to go through, i woulndt have had my child christened if i hadnt had been told that it would improve chances of a school place! Im not a practicing catholic nor is my partner we dont attend mass nor do we go for Christmas or any other associated occasion.

Thanks for helping me prove my point by the reaction you gave!

I've stirred the sh*te with the best of 'em & I learned from the greatest
    of 'em but you are no sh*te stirrer. You're just a f**king IDIOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hahaha hilaryarse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

dayshah wrote: »

Did you know that if your kid doesn't play hurling they won't be allowed attend university?

You looking into the future as waterford is not a university yet?

Just as well i went to wit before the new hurling rules come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Funfair wrote: »
    Too many minority groups coming here try to change our culture to suit their own needs. I feel if someone comes here they should blend into the norm and keep your mouth shut and head down and get on with it. The same as if an Irish person goes abroad he should also follow the local traditions and laws and blend into his new society.
    Polish girls going on TV bragging how they live comfortable on the dole doesn’t do anything to help your cause, nor does coming on here running down our school system because they don’t teach whatever bible you believe in.
    The school system here has served us well up to now and we as Irish people are reasonably happy with it. A good percentage of Irish people that are christened are not practising Catholics and treat the Bible as fairytales but use the Church celebrations like Xmas or Easter as a pi$$ up. I suggest you do the same and use the system to suit yourself and not try change it. Did you ever consider that we might not want as a Nation to become a multi-cultural society like Britain for instance and are happy the way it is.
    You only get one life no point beating yourself up over Religion, treat others they way you'd like to be treated and you'll get on ok here

Its amazing how you can speak for the whole ISLAND of IRELAND by saying WE HERE think so and so! Id say the kids who were raped and abused in the schools run by the catholic orders over the past god knows how many years would agree with you about catholiscism.
    And I never ran down any school because they didnt teach whatever bible i believe in (God can you not read) it was the fact that i was told it would be better to have my child christened catholic if i wanted a school place!

RE the Polish person, did you read the actual article? and can you speak Polish? so how do you know what was said? No your picking up second or third hand stories by papers that love to stir it up and get people like you to buy it, The comparison was that compared to what they would get in Poland on the dole or even if they were working the dole here is much more and they were happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Thanks for helping me prove my point,

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

*whistles*
    This thread has gone mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Nypd wrote: »
    *whistles*
    This thread has gone mad
    Sorry, you can only participate in this thread if you've baptised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement