Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

adox wrote: »
    What? Its not instant streaming? How long of a wait do you have?
    Whats the point of an on demand service if you cant stream instantly?

It does stream. It just downloads a buffer initially, but I can play content after a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

I tried ordering online too, but the site wouldn't process my payment. So I just phoned SKY up and a very nice customer service rep took my card details over the phone and now I have 1 wireless connector ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

GEO147 wrote: »
    Im all setup with wired connection to my router. Also, I added On Demand via My Sky and got the order confirmation email. But still no joy. Tried forced update, still no joy:mad:

Im still on the Old EPG on my PACE HD Box, is this anything to do with it or not. The question has been asked numerous times without an answer and I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate any information.

At the moment the new on demand is only available on the new epg on the Amstrad boxes.

And the new epg is only available on the Amstrad boxes for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

mad muffin wrote: »
    At the moment the new on demand is only available on the new epg on the Amstrad boxes.

Thanks MM. Is there no inbetween ie extra Anytime features. My old version EPG has a "Download" tab in the Planner section, that irrelevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

i signed up for on demand tonight online, it seems like it went though ok because i've a green tick beside it on my accounts page on the sky website.

i dont seem to be able to get on demand though.

when i go to the network settings screen, my local connection says ok but my sevice connection says fail.

has anyone else had this problem??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Can you buy the sky wireless box thing with credit card or does it go on your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

JDxtra wrote: »
    It does stream. It just downloads a buffer initially, but I can play content after a few seconds.

Hi there,
    How do you play the content while downloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

GEO147 wrote: »
    Thanks MM. Is there no inbetween ie extra Anytime features. My old version EPG has a "Download" tab in the Planner section, that irrelevant?

On Demand Does work on the old EPG, its just called Anytime Plus. I have it up and running on the old EPG since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

mad muffin wrote: »

Not True....
    I have a Pace HD box running the old EPG and i have got the service up and running. Oddly its still listed as 'Anytime' and not 'On Demand' on the menu, probably because i still on old EPG but all services are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    How do you play the content while downloading?

When you select something to download wait a few seconds for it to start then a few more seconds for it to become available, the red record symbol will turn into a play symbol. otherwise go back to your planner and start it from the Downloads menu (but only while it is actually downloading). If you select a few things at once to download you will have to wait for the first one to complete before the next in line even starts to download. All programs and movies you have already downloaded will be marked with a play symbol in the On Demand/ Anytime plus menu.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if I have to enter a new 12 month contract to activate On Demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Didn't realise that this was available til I saw this thread.:o Just signed up to on demand on the sky web site and plugged in the Ethernet cable. Library of box sets includes approx 20 different series's including Spy, Terra Nova, Greys Anatomy etc, lots of kids programmes, documentaries, a shed load of movies.

Cheers for letting us know

DC

Karsini wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I have to enter a new 12 month contract to activate On Demand?

No mention of this when I activated online.

When you select something to download wait a few seconds for it to start then a few more seconds for it to become available, the red record symbol will turn into a play symbol. otherwise go back to your planner and start it from the Downloads menu (but only while it is actually downloading). If you select a few things at once to download you will have to wait for the first one to complete before the next in line even starts to download. All programs and movies you have already downloaded will be marked with a play symbol in the On Demand/ Anytime plus menu.

Thanks Owen:)

Woodie40 wrote: »
    No mention of this when I activated online.

That's grand, thanks. Just wanted to be sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Can I run an Ethernet cable from my router which is in the hall and download what I want and then take the cable back out again?.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

scart wrote: »
    Not True....
    I have a Pace HD box running the old EPG and i have got the service up and running. Oddly its still listed as 'Anytime' and not 'On Demand' on the menu, probably because i still on old EPG but all services are working.

Same here. Content takes between 1-5 mins. to be available to play. Full download time is dependent of course on quality, length and broadband connection speed. ITV Player works no problem thus far.
    The service is the same on each EPG, just the name is different.

molby wrote: »
    Can I run an Ethernet cable from my router which is in the hall and download what I want and then take the cable back out again?.Thanks
    Yes you can - that's exactly what I did :D
    I'm waiting to order the Sky wireless router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hey mods two threads on this service any chance of a merge

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

lads looking for a bit of help.

I plugged in the sky box to my router ( picked it up fine and i can see the ip addres ect in the network tab in the sky menu.

activated on demand on my sky online

went into planner and pressed on demand but i only see one thing listed, am i doing something wrong or do i need to do something eles to get it up and running

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

Looks like Thomson boxes don't work for this

shaneob86 wrote: »
    Looks like Thomson boxes don't work for this

No, the EPG software is too old and they never updated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

Karsini wrote: »
    No, the EPG software is too old and they never updated it.

Do you think it's worth calling them?

To get a newer box? You could try but I don't know how you'll get on. Unlike with UPC (with whom you rent the box) you own it outright so they've no obligation to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Same here. Content takes between 1-5 mins. to be available to play. Full download time is dependent of course on quality, length and broadband connection speed. ITV Player works no problem thus far.
    The service is the same on each EPG, just the name is different.

Ive got three HD Boxes all the same make. My one (only box connected to router) has a"downloads" tab in the planner, whereas the other 2 boxes are not connected and do not have a downloads tab??

Still cant get it to work either?? Even tho I got the emailsaying I am sorted for On Demand. I get a go to sky.com message and activate Anytime + message when I access the downloads tab.

What tab(s) should I be seeing on the old EPG if I am ready to rock and roll??

Bit of a hamfisted roll out if you ask me :rolleyes:

They're doing good deals at the moment for box upgrades ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have a "pace" box but have no ethernet port. so im out? can i avail of this usb port in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Just signed up for this on demand and nothing coming through after 20 mins.
    Will this work connected up with ethernet cable connected through mobile sharing dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

where do i go on the website to activate on demand? Can't see anywhere on the site to actualyy activate it

• Advertisement

Tardis wrote: »
    where do i go on the website to activate on demand? Can't see anywhere on the site to actualyy activate it

You have to do it through the Sky Shop, this was why I was concerned about the contract period.

Advertisement