Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

gally25 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I've reset the network settings in customise its set to broadband on! I go into sky store and nothing? Is there somewhere I should go for on demand instead of sky store! I have the hd box setup to the UPC router!

I got it sorted I think, I rebooted the router and at last the Sky Box detected the internet, but now, yeah theres always a but ...., there is nothing in the on demand section :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone get this on a samsung box with the old epg yet?
    Tried a forced update but got nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yeah, i have! have you added On Demand on the my shop section on Sky website? i forgot to do that at first and it didn't work till i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, i have! have you added On Demand on the my shop section on Sky website? i forgot to do that at first and it didn't work till i did.

Yeah, I've done that and nothing. I guess I'll have to ring them so.
    At least now I know its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Yep, just hooked up my Samsung box which is still on the old EPG ( thankfully, as I have the "card trick" working on it ) and Anytime + working perfectly. Dont know how much use I will make of it and I see the ITV Player on the menu is a bit of a swizz, as its not the current ITV Player, but some kind of a bastardised archive version of it. It wont take off until the RTE Player and TV3 player etc are on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Can we download from on demand whilst also making 2 recordings from live TV? If not, do the live tv recordings take priority over the on demand download?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Can we download from on demand whilst also making 2 recordings from live TV? If not, do the live tv recordings take priority over the on demand download?

Worked for me downloading Moonraker while recording 2 things yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Downloaded a few items so far, no problems.. was able to start watching the programmes once they reached a few %, 3 or 4, however one of the items currently downloading is at 40 odd % and still not showing up as 'Available'.
    Liking the whole set-up/ service so far though it has to be said. Glad I've unlimited DL:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Three sources, how could you not?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

No problems with Samsung here either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

I tried everything yesterday to get it to work on a pace hd box but it just wouldnt. Came home after work today and it was all sorted. It just took a while.

Fair play Sky, I take it all back :p

Disappointed so far although plenty of movies. Needs RTE player and soon.....

Kids miss convenience of old Anytime+

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

I'd imagine so. The two live tv recordings are via satellite whereas the on-demand service is via broadband so there shouldn't be any conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 alicaffrey

On to sky help, and she is telling me that she cannot activate it as there is 1 box (multiroom box) that is incompatible with sky anytime. I advised her I am trying to activate it on my sky + HD box which I only got 3 weeks ago. I asked her am I being penalized for having multiroom and she said no.......WHY CANT YOU ACTIVATE WELL......

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭scanner

This is my first post in a long time , but I have also activated the on demand service on my Sky Box . While I initially thought it was great to have a new feature I noticed something fairly quickly which has me " Oh Sky here we go again " with what appears to be a sneaky way of forcing people to take the HD pack . I have the Sky world package with movies , sports etc but cancelled the HD aspect a while back to try and cut costs and while I have no issue with that as there are SD versions of all HD channels the big issue I have with the on demand service is that most of the movies etc are restricted to HD with no SD version option . This makes a lot of the on demand service redundant unless I sign back up to the HD pack

Anyone else have any thoughts on this , or is there a way of only showing up SD material in the "on demand" section much like the way my epg on my Sky back changed the channels to SD when I cancelled my HD subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

Hi,

I ordered a wireless connector yesterday , anyone have any idea how long it takes to arrive, weeks, days ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4-5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Do you get the ethernet cable with the wireless connector? Thanks guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Do you get the ethernet cable with the wireless connector? Thanks guys.

Any Ethernet cable will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You get a cable with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

scanner wrote: »
    This is my first post in a long time , but I have also activated the on demand service on my Sky Box . While I initially thought it was great to have a new feature I noticed something fairly quickly which has me " Oh Sky here we go again " with what appears to be a sneaky way of forcing people to take the HD pack . I have the Sky world package with movies , sports etc but cancelled the HD aspect a while back to try and cut costs and while I have no issue with that as there are SD versions of all HD channels the big issue I have with the on demand service is that most of the movies etc are restricted to HD with no SD version option . This makes a lot of the on demand service redundant unless I sign back up to the HD pack

Anyone else have any thoughts on this , or is there a way of only showing up SD material in the "on demand" section much like the way my epg on my Sky back changed the channels to SD when I cancelled my HD subscription
    All sky movies are availlable in sd so long as you have subscribed to sky movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

ShaneU wrote: »
    You get a cable with it
    Thanks again guys for the reply.

If you plug the cable out does old Anytime re-appear? (not in a position to try this right now but will tomorrow at some stage)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Yes it goes back to the old style Anytime- i.e. just whats in the Showcase section when you are online.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

alicaffrey wrote: »
    On to sky help, and she is telling me that she cannot activate it as there is 1 box (multiroom box) that is incompatible with sky anytime. I advised her I am trying to activate it on my sky + HD box which I only got 3 weeks ago. I asked her am I being penalized for having multiroom and she said no.......WHY CANT YOU ACTIVATE WELL......

It's working fine for me and one of my boxes is an old non hd box. ring again and hopefully you'll get someone that's more informed

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

Courier or post ?

Are the majority of sky movies in hd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Swizzle Firma

Just an update here that might help many people who are having problems getting On Demand working.

As you can see from my previous posts here I pointed out theres a problem with On Demand sometimes not working when activated.

When I contacted sky support many times, the phone monkey could only check that it was activated on the account and could offer no other help when informed it wasn't working.

However, Sky have a dedicated Anytime + support section. (Guess they're still calling On Demand Anytime+ is the UK)

When I finally got through - it was made clear that the problem was Sky still thinking I had a Sky+ boxes instead of a Sky HD+ boxes. I had a sky+ boxes a few years ago before I upgraded them to Sky HD+ boxes.

Even though I was receiving the HD pack as normal on all boxes, on skys system my HD+ boxes were listed as standard Sky+ boxes - bascially the information on their system was never updated.

So, if you're having problems with On Demand - ask to be put through to the 'Anytime +' support department
    (which is based in the UK and they usually know how to fix things compared to the Cork callcenter who, lets face it are useless based on every experiece I had with them compared to the UK call centre)
    and they will check the version of your box and update your account which should finally get On Demand activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

To get this service is all you have to do is connect a cable from your router to the Sky box. Is that all you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So is there still issues in ordering the wireless box from the Sky Shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

200motels wrote: »
    To get this service is all you have to do is connect a cable from your router to the Sky box. Is that all you have to do.

You also need to activate the service via My Sky or phone them up and get sky to do it for you.

Advertisement