Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Can we download from on demand whilst also making 2 recordings from live TV? If not, do the live tv recordings take priority over the on demand download?

Yes - I have done this without any issue at all.

I had 2 live TV recordings underway whilst also downloading / streaming content from the On Demand library over the boradband connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-demand/using-sky-on-demand/i-cant-see-the-on-demand-service/

I had signed up online for the on demand service, and just plugged in a network cable, but I didn't get the expected "broadband connected" message. The link above has some trouble shooting tips. All I had to do was go to Options/Customise and turn Broadband Network Connection to "on", and everything is working now.

While it looks nice, I'm glad I'm not paying extra for it - it's a little underwhelming. I'm browsing through the pay per view movies at the moment and that seems to have a decent selection (ranging from €1.49 to €4.49), but nothing has grabbed me so far.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are you able to configure the Sky wifi bridge via the Sky box? I wonder how much configuration is allowed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

This may have already been asked, is everything in anytime now only available to download via my broadband? What's the story with the stuff that used to come down over satellite? How can I tell if its already been downloaded and on my box as opposed to something I need to download.

Also it says anytime + and not 'On Demand'. I think I have the latest EPG R004.049.22.00P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

what are the options available on anytime+ now?
    do you get catchup tv here?
    i dont see many boxsets on their website.
    i am waiting for my wifi bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

xabi wrote: »
    This may have already been asked, is everything in anytime now only available to download via my broadband? What's the story with the stuff that used to come down over satellite? How can I tell if its already been downloaded and on my box as opposed to something I need to download.

Also it says anytime + and not 'On Demand'. I think I have the latest EPG R004.049.22.00P

Pre downloaded stuff (old anytime) is now called/under 'Showcase'
    you will see a play icon on the shows ready to play.

The 'Anytime' name should change to 'On Demand' with the next software update, you should also get a Delete page too for un-deleting stuff from your planner.

I think the re-branding is set to change at the end of this month.

do you get catchup tv here?

Nope it's not over here as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I have this working grand at home on my Sky + HD box with the latest EPG, fairly decent, especially considering there's no extra cost.

My mate has an old white Sky + box, should he be able to get on demand too or does he need a new box?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It needs to be a Sky+HD box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

As regards TV shows, the likes of say, boardwalk empire. Bizarrely, it has episodes from the fifth edition in.

Eg, series one, episode five, episode six,etc etc etc.

Where's the rest :confused:

What if I wanna watch from episode one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ghandee wrote: »
    As regards TV shows, the likes of say, boardwalk empire. Bizarrely, it has episodes from the fifth edition in.

Eg, series one, episode five, episode six,etc etc etc.

Where's the rest :confused:

What if I wanna watch from episode one?

I think the first 3 seasons will be available in full from November 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So we don't have Catch Up in Ireland... stupid question perhaps, but what is the difference between Catch Up and what we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

I think Sky have done an excellent job of pricing this - €0.00 is about all I'd be willing to pay for the pretty poor selection at present. It really doesn't compare well with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

nocoverart wrote: »
    So we don't have Catch Up in Ireland... stupid question perhaps, but what is the difference between Catch Up and what we have?

We get older archive type ITV stuff. I've only got the old EPG but others say that ITV player is the same on the new EPG.
    ITV player is geo IP locked to the UK. Unless there's some deal Sky have done with ITV or the Sky boxes route traffic via Sky's own backend (which is possible perhaps?), then I doubt we'll get a true ITV player catchup service as per the UK. The same probably goes for the BBC's iplayer when it launches - in fact I'd be surprised if we get much from that at all being as there's UK licence payers fees involved no doubt. Be nice to see something though. However the 4od player might be different (when it arrives 2013) as Ch4 allow us in Ireland to view nearly all their programming on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Tried to order this online and it won't work. Also rang them up to order it and they said it hasn't launched yet :( what do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Call again and ask for someone who knows what their talking about.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Call again and ask for someone who knows what their talking about.

Was talking to two different people. One lad said it isn't launched until tomorrow and the other lad said it wasn't going to be launched for a month or two. Eejits. Just gave up then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Tried to order this online and it won't work. Also rang them up to order it and they said it hasn't launched yet :( what do I do now?

Ring again and ask for a dedicated Anytime+ rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Just order one from the Cork number(0818719816) 3 to 5 working days delivery.Just got mine there no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Not sure if this was asked already, but not trawling through 23 pages.

Does signing up for this start a new contract term ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Not sure if this was asked already, but not trawling through 23 pages.

Does signing up for this start a new contract term ?

No, it dosent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Is it my imagination, or is the picture quality slightly blurry?

Admittedly, I've only been watching Mickey mouse clubhouse (the joys of having a toddler:D)but I'd swear the pic quality is some what blurred?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ghandee wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or is the picture quality slightly blurry?

Admittedly, I've only been watching Mickey mouse clubhouse (the joys of having a toddler:D)but I'd swear the pic quality is some what blurred?

Yea SD looks a little lower res but I was happy with the HD content. One 30 min show in HD clocked up 1.4GB and looked very well.

molby wrote: »
    Just order one from the Cork number(0818719816) 3 to 5 working days delivery.Just got mine there no problems.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I got it working today and it's not bad, not as good as UPC'S on demand. Anyone any idea when we'll get the RTE and TV3 players if at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

Not really having a clue on the tech side I wonder if it is possible to use appletv as a router instead of ordering the wireless router from Sky?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Bards wrote: »

You also need to activate the service via My Sky or phone them up and get sky to do it for you.

I don't have phone line on my Multiroom box. The engineer never said you need a phone line connected. I have it activated on my main box with the wireless connector. If I call them up will they activate my Multiroom box for definite even though I have no phone line. I read that the Multiroom box needs to communicate with sky once a month. If not they will charge you a full subscription in the Multiroom box. It's weird because my friend has Multiroom for the past 2 years and never had phoneline connected.
    I'm confused by this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Its official now,seen this tweet:-
    BSkyBPress ‏@BSkyBPress
    We've just launched our new On Demand service for Sky Ireland customers: http://www.sky.com/ireland
    Retweeted by SkyUser

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I ordered my wireless connector on Friday. Arrived ten mins ago. All set up now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Tardis wrote: »
    I ordered my wireless connector on Friday. Arrived ten mins ago. All set up now :-)

Nice one. I ordered a pair of them last Thursday, and no sign yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Mredmond wrote: »

Nice one. I ordered a pair of them last Thursday, and no sign yet.

Are you Dublin?

Advertisement