Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Mredmond wrote: »
    . . . I ordered a pair of them last Thursday, and no sign yet.

May I ask - How did you order two of them?

--- The Sky website says "ONE per household"

I would require two as I have 2 HD boxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Tardis wrote: »
    Are you Dublin?

Not far outside - Meath. Wasn't really expecting them for a few days yet, but looks like they've managed to get others out very quickly.

May I ask - How did you order two of them?

--- The Sky website says "ONE per household"

I would require two as I have 2 HD boxes...

I saw that on the website,so decided to ring them instead. There was no problem at all, I just pointed out that I have two SKY +HD boxes, and therefore would need two wireless connectors. Girl took the order and the sum of €25.98 has been taken from my credit card. That said, obviously I haven't actually taken delivery yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I ordered the wireless connector on Friday and had it delivered yesterday. Pretty quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I saw that on the website,so decided to ring them instead. There was no problem at all, I just pointed out that I have two SKY +HD boxes, and therefore would need two wireless connectors. Girl took the order and the sum of €25.98 has been taken from my credit card. That said, obviously I haven't actually taken delivery yet.

Maybe give it till tomorrow and if nothing then ring them Thursday

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    I ordered the wireless connector on Friday and had it delivered yesterday. Pretty quick delivery.

As a matter if interest, which delivery company brought it? Or was is just An Post.

As a matter if interest, which delivery company brought it? Or was is just An Post.
    Sorry, cant recall the name of the couriers. Wasn't An Post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Got my wireless connector today, all set up.

One question, apologies if
    already asked, I can download from the various tabs except Sky Store, when I select a movie it asks me to ring some number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sorry, cant recall the name of the couriers. Wasn't An Post though.

Dpd brought mine. I didn't know you could order 2 connectors. I have 2 hd boxes and therefore would need 2 connectors.
    Sky rep told me that you just needed one connector to work with the 2 boxes ( I thought it sounded stupid) but took him at his word.
    Looks like I'll be calling sky tomorrow to order a 2nd wireless connector

Dpd brought mine.
    That might have been the one alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

It was DPD yeah. I thought they were coming from England, they're coming from Santry ha

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Finally got my OnDemand sorted. Had activated online on Thursday but nothing was happening on the box. Phone call Thursday evening to customer care and was asked to give it 72 hours.

Still no joy Sunday evening so onto technical support. Went through lots of settings and changing hd box to the main box on the account and still no joy.

Decided to ring again last night and luckily got someone who knew a solution, five minutes later, after giving box details such as serial number, he asked me to check and voila, there it was.

So anyone else who is having trouble try technical support directly and hopefully they have a fix.

Dpd brought mine. I didn't know you could order 2 connectors. I have 2 hd boxes and therefore would need 2 connectors.
    Sky rep told me that you just needed one connector to work with the 2 boxes ( I thought it sounded stupid) but took him at his word.
    Looks like I'll be calling sky tomorrow to order a 2nd wireless connector

Ok rang sky this morning. They activated on demand in my Multiroom box. I said to them do I need to order wireless connector for the 2nd box. The supervisor in tech support said one connector works for both boxes.
    I find this hard to understand. There is no wifi built in to the boxes so how can it communicate with the wireless connector in the other room.
    Does anyone out there have 2 boxes and how did they get this working :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

The supervisor in tech support said one connector works for both boxes.
    I find this hard to understand.

You're right, it makes no sense.

Maybe the supervisor meant that the 1 WiFi jobby could be switched between the two boxes as, and when, you needed I.e. you don't *have* to have 2, if you want to save €12.99! Or, maybe, they hadn't a clue what they were talking about!

cgarvey wrote: »

Or, maybe, they hadn't a clue what they were talking about!

This ....

I wasted 20 mins on the phone to them. I'm 100% sure that you need 2 wireless connectors. If anyone can prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

"We're talking to RTE and TV3 with a view to including their content on our On Demand service in the new year," said Mark Anderson, director of sales and marketing at Sky Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thegarlad wrote: »
    "We're talking to RTE and TV3 with a view to including their content on our On Demand service in the new year," said Mark Anderson, director of sales and marketing at Sky Ireland.

Source:http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/sky-keen-to-get-its-hands-on-shows-from-irish-channels-for-ondemand-service-3262202.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

Hello Everyone :)

Ordered my wireless connector on Friday night and it arrived this morning :) Very fast delivery by DPD couriers.

Have it set up. Very simple with plain English instructions.

Working Great I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Yòu need a laptop and an Ethernet cable.

Connect the Ethernet cable to the laptop from the sky box while making sure you are connected wirelessly to the Internet.

Go to control panel...network and internet...network settings. Then Ctrl select both your wireless connection and the sky box connection.

Right click and select bridge connection.

You will need to power off and on the sky box but should then work. You will need to delete your bridge connection to allow your laptop to use the Internet again once finished.

I did this because my router is too far from my sky box and I really wanted to see what the fuss is about. Seems great I am download season me of trolled as we speak!

Set up bridge connection as explained above but still have no joy in getting this service. When I go to "settings", "Network" on my sky box the details are as follows; Local Connection - OK, Service Connection - Fail, IP Address - 192.168.103 & DHCP - ON

Anybody got any ideas want I'm doing wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

If you download a programme from on demand,does it stay in the planner until you delete it? If I don't watch it straight away, would like for it to be there when I want...
    Doesn't have to be perfect broadband, does it?
    Ours can be up and down, but can download a one hour programme in HD in 20 mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

doney84 wrote: »
    Set up bridge connection as explained above but still have no joy in getting this service. When I go to "settings", "Network" on my sky box the details are as follows; Local Connection - OK, Service Connection - Fail, IP Address - 192.168.103 & DHCP - ON

Anybody got any ideas want I'm doing wrong???

When you set up the bridge leave the laptop on and connected to the sky box, just POWER OFF your sky box at the socket then let it reboot, it should then start using your laptops wireless.

Here is a link to tutorial just think sky box instead of Xbox ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnUOJXu4DA

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    If you download a programme from on demand,does it stay in the planner until you delete it? If I don't watch it straight away, would like for it to be there when I want...
    Doesn't have to be perfect broadband, does it?
    Ours can be up and down, but can download a one hour programme in HD in 20 mins

I hooked up my laptop then downloaded all of season one trolled then disconnected it was viewable until I deleted it so in short yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Everyday i have to reconnect to my network. This seems strange. Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

When you set up the bridge leave the laptop on and connected to the sky box, just POWER OFF your sky box at the socket then let it reboot, it should then start using your laptops wireless.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnUOJXu4DA[/QUOTE]

Thanks, done this and after a while it just started working:D

doney84 wrote: »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnUOJXu4DA[/QUOTE]

Thanks, done this and after a while it just started working:D

Nice one, its a stop gap I ordered the wireless adapter myself but its a handy trick to know!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The "dirt" on Sky's Broadband offering in Ireland. Not comparable at all to UK where
    a) BT works better
    b) 1/3 of Exchanges had direct (LLU) access via a company Sky bought.

Sky is simply reselling existing mostly poor DSL here, and the line rental is SO expensive (highest in world) that now less than 50% of all properties have a land line.

http://irelandoffline.org/2012/10/sky-broadband/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'm guessing seeing that the wired option is a no for the White sky plus boxes then the wireless thing is the same yeah?

if so how nice are sky about switching boxes?

danniemcq wrote: »
    i'm guessing seeing that the wired option is a no for the White sky plus boxes then the wireless thing is the same yeah?

if so how nice are sky about switching boxes?

I rang up threatend to pull my subscription but offered to renew my contract for a year if they gave me a new sky plus hd box because my old one broke! Just an idea!

I rang up threatend to pull my subscription but offered to renew my contract for a year if they gave me a new sky plus hd box because my old one broke! Just an idea!
    So how did you get on when you threatened to cancel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

So how did you get on when you threatened to cancel?

cat-dog-saorview-logo2.jpg

Advertisement