Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Thats an ok ip address. It has to be in the range 192.168.1. (1-260) for Sky, although I believe a lot of people get joy if its set to .200 although its probably just not activated on your account as above.
    I spend a lot of time last week on various fora and on the phone to sky tech support and they all recommended the IP address be in the range specified (preferrably ending in .200). No idea why. Pretty sure all eircom routers put you in the 172.168.1.xxx range by default. The gateway then needs to match the router address and everything should be good to go.

It doesn't need to be in that specific range. I am using a different subnet without any issues. Most (if not all) Eircom routers IP address' start with 192 by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Success. After a week of grief, I've finally figured it out for the eircom netopia router / sky wireless connection combo.

Here's what I did...
    Note: I still have the old epg so some of the locations/buttons may differ.

Check the "Broadband Network Connection" is on in the Options: customise tab.
    Then go to the Settings: network tab and "manual wireless configuration" via the green button (or if prompted automatically).
    Enter your SSID network name. Security WPA-PSK with TKIP.
    Type your password (which is case sensitive).
    Save settings via the green button.
    Then press the green button again for "manual wireless configuration" and this time press the blue button for "manual IP configuration".
    Now enter:
    IP address: 192.168.1.200 (sky box needs to be in the 192.168.1.xxx range)
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.254 (i.e. the ip address of the netopia router)
    DNS: 208.67.222.222 (this is the open dns address)
    Green button again to save and you should be done.
    I didnt restart anything as it shouldnt be required.
    I have tried all the above and i'm still getting service connection fail and encryption none. The sky guy told me that it's a problem on eircom's side and i need to contact them. It has my head wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I have tried all the above and i'm still getting service connection fail and encryption none. The sky guy told me that it's a problem on eircom's side and i need to contact them. It has my head wrecked.

I assume the local connection isnt working for you either?
    Are you using WEP encryption by any chance?
    You cant get the lower case characters to work with WEP.

I assume the local connection isnt working for you either?
    Are you using WEP encryption by any chance?
    You cant get the lower case characters to work with WEP.
    I'm using WEP 64. This is what's showing up, local connection OK, service connection fail, network name is there. encryption name none, signal strength is good and the ip address 192.168.1.200. Both lights on the wireless connector are on. When i check my account online anytime plus is now added to my account. When i checked yesterday it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Mine (HD box) can't seem to find local network :( Even when putting it in manually. Obviously working fine on both computers in house. Any ideas? Doing my nut in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Mine (HD box) can't seem to find local network :( Even when putting it in manually. Obviously working fine on both computers in house. Any ideas? Doing my nut in!

Have you a Netgear router by any chance? I had the same problem and when I rang the On Demand support team I found that they had instructions to refer anyone with a Netgear router to their ISP for a firmware update. That wasn't any use to me as I bought the router myself so I ended up buying a cheap TP-Link Router which is working perfectly with my Sky Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has this stopped working for anyone else? Local connection is ok, but service connection says fail.

edit: had to reset it

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Mine's stopped working. Dunno why. Both lights are on, on the wireless connector. Getting service connection fail. Any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have you got a laptop to compare your ip settings with?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

Worked fine for me. Did you contact Sky to subscribe to "on demand"? You can do it on line on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

On Demand Issue - 27th October
    Options
    on 27-10-2012 09:55 AM

Hi All,

We have been made aware that the On Demand service is currently down, there are engineers working on this at the moment and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

We will let everyone know on this thread as soon as we get the next update.

Thanks,
    Anne
    Sky Knowledge Advisor
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/On-Demand-Issue-27th-October/m-p/676688#U676688

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

On Demand Issue - 27th October
    Options
    on 27-10-2012 09:55 AM

Hi All,

We have been made aware that the On Demand service is currently down, there are engineers working on this at the moment and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

We will let everyone know on this thread as soon as we get the next update.

Thanks,
    Anne
    Sky Knowledge Advisor
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/On-Demand-Issue-27th-October/m-p/676688#U676688

Back up now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Runnerray

Spent over an hour on the Sky tech support helpline tonight but no joy getting on demand set up. Received the wireless network connector and installed. It managed to locate my Onwave network in the house. It didn't ask for a password to connect and then came up with an error message and asked to reenter password but no option to enter a password was offered. Tech support gave me the run around with rebooting router, connector, rebulding Sky box but no joy. Anyone succesfully connect wirelessly to OnWave? Not the On Demand Saturday night experience I had hoped for..

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Runnerray wrote: »
    Spent over an hour on the Sky tech support helpline tonight but no joy getting on demand set up. Received the wireless network connector and installed. It managed to locate my Onwave network in the house. It didn't ask for a password to connect and then came up with an error message and asked to reenter password but no option to enter a password was offered. Tech support gave me the run around with rebooting router, connector, rebulding Sky box but no joy. Anyone succesfully connect wirelessly to OnWave? Not the On Demand Saturday night experience I had hoped for..

l'm not with onwave but the same thing happened to me. l entered the wrong password and then the option to enter it just wouldn't pop up again.

Basically you have to enter the correct network password ( case sensitive - it's gas my password wouldn't work and the boardband provider that l rang pretty much threw the towel in which was a joke, he never mentioned case sensitive !!!! and l figured that out myself and that was the final issue ) so you need to get the password option back up. After ages onto sky l eventually got the option back-up, you had to re-boot the box.

No network password, no sky on-demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Tried to order the wireless connector last week it wouldn't continue to

2 confirmation

The order would just restart.

I thought maybe because I was ordering it from my ipad that the system wasn't set up for it or something.

Got around to trying to order it on my laptop. Same problem.

I suppose I'm going to have to call Sky and order it over the phone... How tedious...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob20

I have an old Thomson HD box that apparently doesn't support on demand, anyone know if there's a plan to replace these for free as they did in the UK or will I be punished for being an early adopter?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

jimbob20 wrote: »
    I have an old Thomson HD box that apparently doesn't support on demand, anyone know if there's a plan to replace these for free as they did in the UK or will I be punished for being an early adopter?

I'm hoping they offer something too -- both my boxes are Thomson - serial numbers are sequential as I got them together...

Maybe when they offer broadband / phone they'll do a "replace your Thomsons" deal

--- I can only hope . . . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

BBC iplayer will hardly be showing up on the Irish sky boxes?
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/50783-bbc-iplayer-comes-sky.html

I see a some people people across the water are still having problems with on demand and are unable to connect to the service. As i still can't connect with my wireless connector after a week of trying i was wondering do Sky have a clue what the problem is. They haven't given any updates on the situation on their help page whether they have solved the on demand issues or not. Total lack of respect for their customers. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

FXUK is on sky go

but their content is not on sky on demand

FXUK and sky should make sure latest content is on demand through sky go to deter internet piracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I only found out about on demand being up and running via a sky email today. So I connected up the cable from my router to the sky box and I still dont have it. I think my sky+HD box is either Samsung or Pace. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

1jcdub wrote: »
    I only found out about on demand being up and running via a sky email today. So I connected up the cable from my router to the sky box and I still dont have it. I think my sky+HD box is either Samsung or Pace. Any ideas ?

Did you log on to and/or ring sky to set it up first? It has to be added to your account if you didn't already do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

BBC Iplayer looks sooooo good....It just doesnt make sense why they cant make it available for us?? Like we have all the bbc channels and can watch all their content but cant watch it on demand...

Fair enough ITV but BBC should be avaialable :(

god's toy wrote: »

Did you log on to and/or ring sky to set it up first? It has to be added to your account if you didn't already do this.

Set this up online last night and I received an email confirming and another one saying the order was complete. I checked this morning and its still not there. Going to reboot the sky bok and check what make it is while I'm at it and report back.

Set this up online last night and I received an email confirming and another one saying the order was complete. I checked this morning and its still not there. Going to reboot the sky bok and check what make it is while I'm at it and report back.

Ok contacted sky today as I couldn't get the box working and I had to reset the sky box in the end. They asked if I wanted them to send out an engineer costing 100 euro! I said I'd cancel and called cancellations. I explained my problem and said I'd rather cancel and come back as a new customer. So they said he could do the service call for €10 and give me the hd package for half price for 12 months :P
    So the engineer is calling on Saturday. Hope they get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aidenmac

Success. After a week of grief, I've finally figured it out for the eircom netopia router / sky wireless connection combo.

Here's what I did...
    Note: I still have the old epg so some of the locations/buttons may differ.

Check the "Broadband Network Connection" is on in the Options: customise tab.
    Then go to the Settings: network tab and "manual wireless configuration" via the green button (or if prompted automatically).
    Enter your SSID network name. Security WPA-PSK with TKIP.
    Type your password (which is case sensitive).
    Save settings via the green button.
    Then press the green button again for "manual wireless configuration" and this time press the blue button for "manual IP configuration".
    Now enter:
    IP address: 192.168.1.200 (sky box needs to be in the 192.168.1.xxx range)
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.254 (i.e. the ip address of the netopia router)
    DNS: 208.67.222.222 (this is the open dns address)
    Green button again to save and you should be done.
    I didnt restart anything as it shouldnt be required.
    Thank you Machaivellianme, I followed your instructions and in just 10 mins I had On Demand up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

ftakeith wrote: »
    FXUK is on sky go

but their content is not on sky on demand

FXUK and sky should make sure latest content is on demand through sky go to deter internet piracy

Are you sure, I saw the walking dead boxset on mine last night, I just had a quick look after setting it up as Emmerdale was about to start (I wasnt watching it obviously)

I have a netgear router and I tried the settings above with no success. I have local connection ok but service connection has failed and DHCP is off. Any other ideas?

OK now working. I contacted sky again! and explained that I put the above setting in to the box DHCP setting was OFF and I was advised to press the red button for resetting and it worked! So I now have SKY on Demand. She also said that the box would get a software update and the menus would be changing to reflect the new services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

OK now working. I contacted sky again! and explained that I put the above setting in to the box DHCP setting was OFF and I was advised to press the red button for resetting and it worked! So I now have SKY on Demand. She also said that the box would get a software update and the menus would be changing to reflect the new services.

I was having problems with mine even though the tv had detected the broadband. I contacted Sky and UPC (my broadband provider) and neither company could sort it out. I followed your instructions and Bingo !!
    I have On Demand - thanks a million

Advertisement