Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Anyone have an issue with UPC Broadband and Sky OD. It keeps loosing the internet connection for me. Every day I go to use it it says no connection, so I go into Network option and reset the connection and it comes back after a little while. I have tried changing the net port on the modem, but does not help. Also not sure it's the modem, as we upgraded to 50MB broadband and they gave us a new modem - same problem with new (cisco) modem...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

johnmryan wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with UPC Broadband and Sky OD. It keeps loosing the internet connection for me. Every day I go to use it it says no connection, so I go into Network option and reset the connection and it comes back after a little while. I have tried changing the net port on the modem, but does not help. Also not sure it's the modem, as we upgraded to 50MB broadband and they gave us a new modem - same problem with new (cisco) modem...

I'm also having the same problem John with my Cisco UPC modem, more an irritation than a problem but it would be interesting to know what causes it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Max Q

Having this exact problem with Sky on Demand with UPC broadband. Anyone got any ideas as to source of the problem, is it a Sky or a UPC problem?

My UPC has been a bit flaky for the last few weeks with regular dropouts but comes back quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Can someone answer me this please.

I have a basic package with Sky, and have their On-Demand service set up via WiFi.

If I want to order movies they have listed On-Demand do I have to have a phone line connected also? To me this kind of defeats the purpose of having the WiFi box.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Can someone answer me this please.

I have a basic package with Sky, and have their On-Demand service set up via WiFi.

If I want to order movies they have listed On-Demand do I have to have a phone line connected also? To me this kind of defeats the purpose of having the WiFi box.

Thanks

From the SKY store? yes you do, they use the phone line to charge you and the broadband to download it, kind silly, but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

To me this kind of defeats the purpose of having the WiFi box.
    You can get wireless telephone line extenders too. Not sure how well they work with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Sky on demand shows programmes from channels we don't have in Ireland?

Just looking at some shows on showcase and it has a sow from 5 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I bet you do the same as me and you switch everything off on tv and sky box at the socket each night.

Not sure if this is a firmware issue but when I reloaded the box firmware to fix sky to nexus/iPod errors, this stopped loosing network connection each morning and I still turn everything off at night at the socket.

I cannot remember if I posted how to do this or someone else did above but it is in this thread only a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Am I missing something or is there basically very little free content on this On-Demand channel? I thought it would be similar to Netflix with lots of boxsets etc.....?
    all i'm getting are some repeats of shows that have already aired and some pay per view movies .......what a waste of 12Euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

just got a letter in the door telling me that from my next billing date anytime+ will be added to my subscription, no idea where this has come from or why its being added is there an extra cost involved coudlnt find anything on skys site about it ? thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

DermoMIO wrote: »
    just got a letter in the door telling me that from my next billing date anytime+ will be added to my subscription, no idea where this has come from or why its being added is there an extra cost involved coudlnt find anything on skys site about it ? thanks in advance

How much extra are they going to charge for it?

pbarr wrote: »
    How much extra are they going to charge for it?

it doesnt quote a new price, just says im under a new subscription:confused:, i'v attached the letter they sent out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

DermoMIO wrote: »
    it doesnt quote a new price, just says im under a new subscription:confused:, i'v attached the letter they sent out
    Ah,that's just the way they set it up.
    You have to 'order' it but the additional cost is zero.
    First time I've seen the order confirmation by paper letter,you must have added it by phone rather than via your sky account online? It's usually an email.

whitebriar wrote: »
    Ah,that's just the way they set it up.
    You have to 'order' it but the additional cost is zero.
    First time I've seen the order confirmation by paper letter,you must have added it by phone rather than via your sky account online? It's usually an email.

thanks I added the free 3d that became available earlier in april through skys website (not by phone) & was worried they might of cancelled my reduced cost

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

am watching a series on Sky Arts 1, Corleone so last night at the end of the episode the announcement said if you missed any of the series so far go to Sky on demand/catchup and watch it but i dont have catchup is it not on Sky in ROI,is there anyother way of watching the episodes i have missed it does not sem to be on Sky go either

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

Sky are giving wireless connectors free now, just ordered one, maybe to push on demand services

bjp1967 wrote: »
    Sky are giving wireless connectors free now, just ordered one, maybe to push on demand services

How did you get this? over the phone? When logged into ROI site they want 12.99

Ordered online through my Sky Account, copy of confirmation email below:

Your new Sky equipment is on its way

Dear Sir

We're happy to confirm the equipment you've ordered below:

Wireless Connector:€0.00
    Total Price:

Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation, then that's all been sorted too.
    You'll get any relevant terms and conditions with your product when it arrives.
    Should you need to cancel any products that you've ordered from us, please refer to our cancellation policy by scrolling down at the end of this message.
    In the meantime, there's no need for you to do anything, just sit back and let us do the work.
    Thanks for choosing Sky. We're sure you're going to enjoy the world of entertainment soon to be at your fingertips.

The Sky Team

In my case, it seems as if I needed to sign up to the one month free movies deal, then add the wireless connector, then it was added for free.

However I now need to cancel the movies within 28 days to prevent being charged extra per month, and ring their premium number. Hopefully the call costs work out less than 12.99!

I looked at another account that already had the movies and could not find a way to get the wireless connector for free.

For others I suggest adding the wireless connector to the "cart" and see if it comes up as free.

I saw this on Digital Spy forum:

Sky Movies and HD subscribers getting free wireless connector
    ... according to hotukdeals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free...movies-1568800

I followed link to:
    Free Wireless Connector to existing customers who ALREADY have Sky Movies

Was transferred to Sky Products page and then ordered wireless connector.

But!!!!

link to Sky Products page now not opening now, will have wait and see if connector arrives,

• Advertisement

Sorry,

Should have added that I have Movies and HD package already,

It does not seem to appear if still in contract, as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

bjp1967 wrote: »
    I saw this on Digital Spy forum:

Sky Movies and HD subscribers getting free wireless connector
    ... according to hotukdeals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free...movies-1568800

I followed link to:
    Free Wireless Connector to existing customers who ALREADY have Sky Movies

Was transferred to Sky Products page and then ordered wireless connector.

But!!!!

link to Sky Products page now not opening now, will have wait and see if connector arrives,

Thanks, this worked a treat and I got a free connector.

GEO147 wrote: »
    Thanks, this worked a treat and I got a free connector.

Just got mine as well, working fine!!

Just visited the site and there is a "service update" to say they are removing the WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT section of Sky go/demand on 24th of June, with then a link to:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go/ta-p/582090

at the bottom it says
    Update

As of the 24th of June, catch up entertainment shows will no longer be available to rent via Sky Go or on Xbox. All rentals prior to this date will continue to be available for the period stated at the point of purchase

First they remove the ability to download shows without paying extra, now they remove whole sections of the site, no matter what you pay. What the hell is going on. Will we get a discount for this reduction of service, of course not, probably another increase.

If they intend moving towards and "on-line" TV model why the hell do this. All the more reason to tell them to shove it. They have some cheek in the middle of a recession where people can't even afford the TV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

OK, I'm confused.

I have Sky+ HD but I do not have a movies or sports package. I used to have Acetrax on my Samsung Bluray player connected via a very ****ing expensive WI-Fi dongle to my BB. Then Sky buys Acetrax and shuts them down.

I liked Acetrax because unlike Netflix it was rental as opposed to subscription based. I don't watch enough movies to pay a sub and therefore wanted to stick with the per rental model.

I got one of the Sky Wi-Fi boxes and set it up for on demand and now when I try to watch a movie it tells me I have to upgrade my package to do it.

What the **** is the point of on demand if I have to have Sky movies to watch a ****ing move over the Net?

Or am I missing something.

LD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    OK, I'm confused.

I have Sky+ HD but I do not have a movies or sports package. I used to have Acetrax on my Samsung Bluray player connected via a very ****ing expensive WI-Fi dongle to my BB. Then Sky buys Acetrax and shuts them down.

I liked Acetrax because unlike Netflix it was rental as opposed to subscription based. I don't watch enough movies to pay a sub and therefore wanted to stick with the per rental model.

I got one of the Sky Wi-Fi boxes and set it up for on demand and now when I try to watch a movie it tells me I have to upgrade my package to do it.

What the **** is the point of on demand if I have to have Sky movies to watch a ****ing move over the Net?

Or am I missing something.

LD

As far as I know, you need to go to sky store to rent the latest new releases. Unfortunately you have to sub to the movie channels to watch the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Can somebody who is using UPC broadband help me out here. Just got Sky yesterday and the guy told us to connect an ethernet cable between the sky box and the UPC modem to set up On Demand. Went out and got the cable today and its not working. The ethernet light on the modem is orange. Has this happened to anyone else? If so the help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

CallMeFlo wrote: »
    Can somebody who is using UPC broadband help me out here. Just got Sky yesterday and the guy told us to connect an ethernet cable between the sky box and the UPC modem to set up On Demand. Went out and got the cable today and its not working. The ethernet light on the modem is orange. Has this happened to anyone else? If so the help would be much appreciated!
    You need to activate ondemand on your sky account first.
    You can do it if you login to your sky account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

I'm trying to order On-Demand on the Sky web site.

After I remove all the extras they add by default there is still a €65 figure. What would this be and do I have to pay it?

268968.jpg

Afte I click "Clear your order":

268970.jpg

The €65 is not there when I click "View order summary".

Advertisement