Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low speed all of a sudden

• 30-01-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,
    So heres the story, woke up this morning and everything was grand. Started downloading something and went to the shop. Came back and it had barely moved so then i was like screw it doesnt matter. Then I went to started general browsing and it was **** slow. Went on the family computer to make sure it was just my laptop, it was not.

I am with smart telecom and have never had a problem with them at all so I am stumped. I even switched back to my old router to make sure it wasnt a new one i bought a few weeks ago and even scanned for virus' and nothing :(

The only changes I made to my network in the last month was:
    1. Got new router
    2. New router had a spaz attack and had to imput all my info again onto it (isp username and pass)
    3. Changed the dns off my wii and ps3 to get american netflix

That is all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Nevermind rang up and they said I went over my cap :O
    First time ever, thanks to netflix :L

He said i have a 160gb cap for every rolling month, does anyone know what that means?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I presume a rolling month means the last 30 days. Which would mean once you reach the cap then each subsequent day the maximum you can download is the amount you downloaded thirty days previously.

Put another way the maximum amount you can download in any one day is 160GB less the total amount downloaded in the previous 29 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You can pay a few euro extra for a "cap reset". Ring them up, if the slow speed is getting too much to bear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You can also pay extra for a large cap too (or at least you could do on their LLU service a couple of years back)

Advertisement