Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan 10k 26/2/2012

Options
  • 30-01-2012 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Last years thread
    Race site

This race is only €8 and seems to get positive reports every year. Does anyone have the route on their garmin.
    Might make this my next race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Woddle wrote: »
    Last years thread
    Race site

This race is only €8 and seems to get positive reports every year. Does anyone have the route on their garmin.
    Might make this my next race

Its basically a shortened version of the 10m route.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70393795

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tack365

Hi, is this suitable for the slower runner. Currently doing around 5:30min/km for my 5k training. Singed up for Wexford 10k but I need a close target to keep motivated. Are events run by various athletic clubs more for regular club runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

http://www.westwaterfordathletics.org/images/pdfs/dungarvan10k%202011.pdf

You'll be more than fine. Just have a look at last years results.

Anyone else doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Anyone else doing this?

Hoping to do this. Away with the OH and might sneek this in;). Any clues on what the course is like? I presume if its windy it could be tough??:eek:

• Advertisement

Pronator wrote: »
    Hoping to do this. Away with the OH and might sneek this in;). Any clues on what the course is like? I presume if its windy it could be tough??:eek:

^^^
    Sosa has a link above. If you've run the Dungarvan 10 miler you should be familiar enough as most of it is on the same route (I think I heard). Sosas link seems to have it as very fair and the wind might piss off by then :D
    See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

I don't suppose anyone has details about location of the sports centre in Dungarvan or what time registration is open until. I've had no luck contacting wwac.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

You will find a map here.....

http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/2012/02/upcoming-racedungarvan-10k-sun-26th-feb.html :)

Entries open at 9:30am, Race at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

enjoyable event, good morning for it, cant understand how only 170 odd did this,yet 1500 did the recent 10 miler. results up now

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

+1 on above

Again everything about it was as good as 10 miler, minus the oil:p.

Weather was better, dry road, do people really need a goody bag to get them out?

• Advertisement

Pronator finished in 3rd, nice running.

When I went to register, the lady asked me for the money, so I handed her €15 just assumed that would be the price. I was delighted to get €7 back.

Conditions did seem good but when out on the course there's a very irritating breeze and in all honesty I don't like the course. I thought I'd never see the mile 4 marker.

Really well organised though and I got a couple of cookies for the trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Nice one Pronator. Is that a PB? You must have tied your lace properly this time.

Nice one Pronator. Is that a PB? You must have tied your lace properly this time.

:D
    That's hilarious, I saw someone from the front after only less than a mile stopping to tie their lace, thought it was Pronator at the time but surely it couldn't be with a time like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

:D
    That's hilarious, I saw someone from the front after only less than a mile stopping to tie their lace, thought it was Pronator at the time but surely it couldn't be with a time like that.

Yep unfortunately that was me:rolleyes: Lesson learned. Today was very well put together. For 8euro you could not go wrong. Course was very good, a couple of drags and a little sting of a hill at the end but overall pretty good.

I had to work very hard for the time I got today, a consequence of racing too much in recent weeks. :(

Good to talk to you before hand Woddle, had to head off sharpish afterwards, hope you got the time you were looking for?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Good stuff down there today lads, I thought it was very warm in race, especially for last couple of miles when you turned back West.

was expecting more numbers too, at 8euro very good value!

Advertisement