Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping companies to Oz

Options
  • 30-01-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey

Can anyone recommend a cheap shipping company from Ireland to Oz? you can PM me with any recommendations!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 No.3

PM sent. I hope it helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Try McGimpsies in belfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Depends what you want to send, i sent a 20 Kilo box of clothes, PS3 and laptop for 140 Euro and it took about 10 days in Nov 2010 with An Post.

I was surprised i tried loads of shipping companies and An Post beat them all to my surprise!

If you talking car, furniture etc iv no idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

1306 wrote: »
    Hey

Can anyone recommend a cheap shipping company from Ireland to Oz? you can PM me with any recommendations!

Thanks!

Dunno what size your looking at but Voovit (http://www.voovit.com/ShowQuoteResult.aspx) seem pretty good. 64 pounds to send a 30 kilo box to Oz from ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kinggriff

no. 3 can u pm me also as i'm looking into shipping costs etc

• Advertisement

Kinggriff

Pm sent. I hope it is of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

Can you just post the link rather than PM

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Any cheap lads to send over stuff. I have a toolbox and it will cost about €3000 with fedex:(

Hi all

I am moving to Brisbane myself at the end of march and got quotes from a few companys. I am using Careline International as they gave the best price for what i want to move. I am using a shared container with them as i didn't have enough to fill a 20ft container. This will take 11 weeks to arrive in Brisbane.

Careline called to my house to measure what i had and gave me an accurate quote. You can contact them at www.careline.ie and 1890 253545.

You can get a whole 20ft container with them for €4000 euro. If you put your toolbox into a shared container it will cost no where near €3000 to ship. The drawback is that it will take approx 11 weeks to get to Oz.

I hope this is of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! It's not just clothes however I was thinking more along the lines of renting a portion of a container if possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Gregsor

We used these guys mid last year-http://www.goldenpages.ie/amc-removals-storage-naas/10/.
    100% happy and when another company got back with us with a late quote they matched it and dropped another E100 too.
    Shared container,picked up and packed the stuff that we wanted insured(company policy),the rest we had ready.
    I would recommend them and use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fonkalei

Gregsor wrote: »
    We used these guys mid last year-http://www.goldenpages.ie/amc-removals-storage-naas/10/.
    100% happy and when another company got back with us with a late quote they matched it and dropped another E100 too.
    Shared container,picked up and packed the stuff that we wanted insured(company policy),the rest we had ready.
    I would recommend them and use them again.

Thanks for the recommendation. Could you tell me, how long did it take to get to Oz & how much were you quoted?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

A friend of mine went with crown shipping. Shipment got delayed 7 weeks, so its been 5 months and counting and still no sign of it. Just if you're looking for companies not to go with Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Gregsor

fonkalei wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation. Could you tell me, how long did it take to get to Oz & how much were you quoted?

Thanks

Hi there,think it took 10-12 weeks,will get the price we paid up later,have to dig out the receipt,i have to say too that we found a better quote too after going with these guys,it came in an email a week late and we had gone ahead with booking and the company that was late getting back was cheaper and we told our reserved guys and they matched it,it was @E100ish but better for us than them!

Always haggle,our shipment was 2 weeks delayed too,it near always happens.

Like Christmas when it comes though :D

*Found receipt E750 and the belongings filled the back of a standard van,good luck and shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

www.removals-ireland.ie/
    handy site i came on today, you fill out one Query/itemised form and they apply to several removal companies for you and obtain quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

We are going to get quotes from AMC, Careline and Nat Ross after various reviews I have read either here or on www.pomsinoz.com

We arent going to Brisbane until Feb 2013 so Careline said they will probably come out closer to the time as the price of fuel goes up and down so much that the price they give us now will probably be a lot different in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I have just got quotes from a number of comapnies and Nat Ross have worked out the best so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fonkalei

No6 wrote: »
    I have just got quotes from a number of comapnies and Nat Ross have worked out the best so far!!

Do you rate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

All my stuff got here safe and sound, the crew were excellent and we had good crack, the local lads they hired for delivery on this side were grand too. Our container arrived a few weeks early and with no hassle with customs or anything, so definately give them a call.

Advertisement