Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice paper on buttercream

Options
  • 30-01-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I'm making buns for my sister in law's party. She's gotten rice paper squares put on the top. I'm using ordinary white buttercream on the buns and wondering if the rice paper will melt. Anyone used it? I can leave the rice paper off them until half an hour before serving if necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It might start to wilt a bit, haven't used rice paper decorations myself but sugarpaste decorations wilt if left on due to the moisture. They should be fine as long as the weather isn't warm, no fear of that right now I'd say! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you can I'd leave the rice paper off until the last minute just in case, or maybe to a trial run with just one bun a few hours before.

yum..rice paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking I should do a trial run. Suppose I was trying to be lazy and avoid it. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Honestly they'll be fine, put them on a few hours before and they will be grand. Just don't put them into a sealed plastic box once there on and they'll be ok.

Advertisement