Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Canon Rebel Xsi owners

Options
  • 30-01-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys, This may not be the right forum for this but I was hoping as many people as possible would read this. Anyone who may have purchased a Canon Rebel Xsi in the past 3 months via ebay, adverts, gumtree etc. I would like to talk to you if possible.
    You see I left mine in a taxi in Limerick city back in November and have been desperately trying to track it down since. I do not have the money to replace it and I'm suffering financially because of being without it.
    The camera was in a camera bag with both an 18-55mm & 55-250mm Canon lenses one of which was missing a lenscap. There was no charger in the bag as I have this here along with the lens cap.
    I have chased all the routes you might think of Cops, local radio, papers, taxi ranks, bases etc but to no avail. It's looking like the person who got the cab after me just picked it up.
    If by any chance you are reading this, please get in touch. I am offering a reward for it's return. If you know anyone who has recently purchased a Rebel xsi ( it's the american model so there can't be too many of them about right?) please ask them to get in touch to compare serial numbers.
    I am losing money everyday I don't have a camera and would be eternally grateful to anyone that could help shed some light on this.
    Thank you,
    Eric

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

your biggest problem here is that if someone did buy the camera, not knowing that it was stolen, your reward is highly unlikely going to be enough to recompense them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I don't want to be rude but I'm intrigued, how are you loosing money every day that you don't have it ?

Do you not have friends who can loan you a camera/lens ? What kind of photography do you do ?

Best of luck in your search !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kdesign

@Magic : Yeah, well depend really. A mate had his laptop stolen and it was sold through ebay to some guy in Australia who emailed him to tell him he bought he's laptop and thinks it was stolen. He contacted the cops in Oz who got the guys money back from ebay and the laptop was returned to Dublin. I know this may be a rare case but it's worth a shot.

@PCPhoto I'm a graphic designer by trade and have had to turn away photo work as I don't have a camera and no, can't borrow one from friends as it is an almost daily need. Am borrowing when I can but it can't happen indefinitely ye know? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check out stolencamerafinder.com. it tracks your camera if photos were put online.

Check out stolencamerafinder.com. it tracks your camera if photos were put online.

Yeah paid for that for a month but it's really needle in haystack kinda stuff.
    First of all it works by matching the cameras EXIF data which rules out anything uploaded to facebook,twitter and other sites that compress the image and remove this data and lets face it, these are the sites that photos will most likely be uploaded to. Secondly, it only recognizes that data if the viewer had their plugin installed in Chrome which then reports it back to the server. I cancelled my account with them after 2 months after no feedback/sightings and very narky customer service via twitter. Really is very unlikely, thanks for the advice though.

• Advertisement

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Have you thought about buying a camera on credit from Harvey Norman? Surely you would have it paid back fairly quickly with the money you would earn with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Effects wrote: »
    Have you thought about buying a camera on credit from Harvey Norman? Surely you would have it paid back fairly quickly with the money you would earn with it.

Or credit union loan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Do you have insurance on your gear? Or homeowner's insurance? renter's insurance? (contents cover)

If you're not a professional photographer, your camera should be covered by the latter two, by the former one if you are a pro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement