Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Women always have to consult the purse at a checkout?

• 30-01-2012 3:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Never ventured much in here either but I tried to have this question answered elsewhere (you know where) and they refused to comment.

Why is it alot of women always (in my experience), without fail, have to check the purse at a checkout? Yah see it kind of annoys men who are queuing up too. Once I enter a queue, maybe 5 or 6 people long, for the checkout I know from the number of women in the queue just how long extra I will have to spend in the shop. I have worked it out at roughly 2 minutes per woman give or take. It's not all women but it is most of them. The reason is the bloody purse comes out with every one of them and they are routing around looking for change or money throwing things out of the purse etc generally in a flustered way.

Here is a novel idea - have the change and money out of the purse either before you go out or while you are in the queue. It saves alot of time. But it never happens. Why does it never happen!? Just one of my pet hates and I am 100% certain a majority of men aswell.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This needs a facebook campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Can we add muppets of both sexes paying for a coffee with a credit/debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

You're dead right darkman 2. Why can't the person in question simply have the money in their hand when they get to the checkout? It's not that bloody hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

darkman2 wrote: »
    Never ventured much in here either but I tried to have this question answered elsewhere (you know where) and they refused to comment.

Why is it alot of women always (in my experience), without fail, have to check the purse at a checkout? Yah see it kind of annoys men who are queuing up too. Once I enter a queue, maybe 5 or 6 people long, for the checkout I know from the number of women in the queue just how long extra I will have to spend in the shop. I have worked it out at roughly 2 minutes per woman give or take. It's not all women but it is most of them. The reason is the bloody purse comes out with every one of them and they are routing around looking for change or money throwing things out of the purse etc generally in a flustered way.

Here is a novel idea - have the change and money out of the purse either before you go out or while you are in the queue. It saves alot of time. But it never happens. Why does it never happen!? Just one of my pet hates and I am 100% certain a majority of men aswell.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Yeah,not happening here.

Id suggest reading our charter before posting in here again.

Throwing digs,even veiled ones like you have done,at tLL or any other forum on boards will not be tolerated.

Start a blog if you want to moan about rubbish like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement