Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Mondays play Dublin May 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The reformed – well, sort of! – Happy Mondays have confirmed a May 15 visit to the Dublin Olympia.

It’s the first time the original line-up has performed together since 2000. The stumbling blocks had been Paul Ryder who’d vowed never to have anything to do with the band again and Rowetta Satchell who had a high-profile falling out with Shaun Ryder.

“We all met up last week and some of the lads haven't seen each other in 10, 15 years,” Shaun says. “It’s as if we’ve never been apart.”

Now bezzies again, they join the Stone Roses and Inspiral Carpets – can Northside be far behind? – in ensuring that it’ll be a Madchester-tastic summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Call the Cops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A tuesday.. why why why

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Wow, bewteen this and the Stone Roses gig, fisherman hat sellers are going to do a roaring trade this summer ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Such s hit timing with regards to exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

don't know about this one, I'd say based on past performances that this is going to be terrible and a waste of money. They were always pretty bad live even when they were at the height of their fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They were always pretty bad absolutely shocking live even when they were at the height of their fame.
    Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

The Nal wrote: »
    Fixed

Dunno about that, they played da trip ta tipp years back, were on just before/after primal scream, and they rocked the joint, then again I was pretty:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Dunno about that, they played da trip ta tipp years back, were on just before/after primal scream, and they rocked the joint, then again I was pretty:D

Ditto

I saw them at Trip To Tipp in 1991, The Farm played just before them (or maybe That Petrol Emotion were sandwiched in between the two :confused:) ... but I think I was in a worse state than them so it was obviously a great night - weekend. ;)

• Advertisement

Wow just noticed tickets are €49.65 + booking ....... ouch. I dont care if Inspiral Carpets are supporting ... thats taking the p!ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

RayCon wrote: »
    I saw them at Trip To Tipp in 1991, The Farm played just before them (or maybe That Petrol Emotion were sandwiched in between the two :confused:) ... but I think I was in a worse state than them so it was obviously a great night - weekend. ;)

The Farm
    Happy Mondays
    Primal Scream
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Wow just noticed tickets are €49.65 + booking ....... ouch. I dont care if Inspiral Carpets are supporting ... thats taking the p!ss.

Yeah. But they are almost sold out. I could only get seated tickets this morning 7 mins after they went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Well worth it at that price. Them tickets will be like gold dust come the summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

**Due to demand: Second show now added on May 14**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Saw them at Witness, naked women dancer on stage, ryder off his head. It was a mud pit and that was in the tent.

Advertisement