Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

38 YO Female's Training log - would love your opinions

Options
  • 30-01-2012 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I've decided that I'm going to log a weeks worth of training as I'd love your feedback on it and see where I can make improvements, so here goes:

Monday Jan 30th:

4 x 10 Standing Military Press 20 kg

Squat :

1 x 8 20Kgs (Warm up)
    1 x 8 40Kgs
    1 x 8 50Kgs
    1 x 8 60Kgs
    2 x 8 70Kgs

Dead Lift :

1 x 8 50Kgs (Warm up)
    1 x 8 60Kgs
    1 x 8 65Kgs
    2 x 8 70Kgs

Single DB Squat :

4 x 10 36Kgs

Then some floor work including weighted sit ups, russian twists, planks and stretching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Mistymouse wrote: »
    I've decided that I'm going to log a weeks worth of training as I'd love your feedback on it and see where I can make improvements, so here goes:

Why only a week?:) I'm always trying to convice more ladies to log!!!

If you want feedback it might be more helpful if you note your aims/goals so people know what your trying to do and can advise. Also could be helpful if you name your stats..weight, current lifts or even acheivements.

Great to see a new log:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mistymouse

Tuesday 31st :

5K run on treadmill, speed 9.5, incline 0

Then some floor work including weighted sit ups, russian twists, planks and stretching

Why only a week?smile.gif I'm always trying to convice more ladies to log!!!

Gymfreak, (now don't give out to me) I tend to do the same routine on a weekly basis so the post would become really predictable after a week LOL :eek: I would love to loose another 5 kgs this year and I know it's 70% diet 30% exercise. I try to keep my diet as clean as possible but do have slips every now and then. I hover around the 65Kg mark and am 5'6". I love weight training and have noticed huge changes in my body shape but not in my weight. Us girls like to see the changes on the scales too though and that's my aim... I don't really want to stop weight training to see the scales moving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Mistymouse wrote: »
    Gymfreak, (now don't give out to me) I tend to do the same routine on a weekly basis so the post would become really predictable after a week LOL :eek: I would love to loose another 5 kgs this year and I know it's 70% diet 30% exercise. I try to keep my diet as clean as possible but do have slips every now and then. I hover around the 65Kg mark and am 5'6". I love weight training and have noticed huge changes in my body shape but not in my weight. Us girls like to see the changes on the scales too though and that's my aim... I don't really want to stop weight training to see the scales moving

If ya have a flick through the logs you'll actually notice that not very many change week to week. Mine is generally the same with maybe a weight or 2 going up... if even! I find keeping a log is great for keeping me accountable:)

Weds 1st February:

Chest and shoulders:

4 x 10 Standing Military Press 20Kg

Bench Press : (really want to try improve on these)

1 x 8 20KG (bar only)
    1 x 8 25KG
    1 x 8 27.5KG
    1 x 8 30KG

Incline chest flys:

4 x 8 10KG db's

Seated Shoulder Press:

4 x 8 10KG db's

Shrugs:

4 x 10 22KG db's

Stretching and floor work

Thursday 2nd Feb:

Back and arms

4 x 10 Lat Pulldown 40.5 KGs

4 x 10 Upright Seated Row 40.5 KGs

4 x 10 x 10 Bent over single DB Row 12 KGs

4 x 10 Tricep Dip

4 x 10 Two hand reverse Tricep extension 16KGs

4 x 10 x 10 side bends 15 KG plate

Stretching

• Advertisement

Friday 3rd February

30 min swim, 45 lengths 20 meter pool

I don't go to the gym at the weekend, my cardio is done walking the dogs. A good 5-10K walk on Sat and Sun with them.

That's the log for the week. All my workouts are starved. My diet would usually look like :

07:30 cup of lemon and ginger tea
    08:00 2 x weetabix and skimmed milk
    10:30 3 x oatcakes and a skinny latte
    12:30 Toasted wholemeal pitta or a WW bagel with chicken/ ham and salad and a laughing cow light cheese
    4:00 Handful of nuts, seeds and dried fruit mix
    18:00 Salmon / Chicken / Steak dinner. Usually on their own but some evenings would have wholeweat pasta and mince or rice

I drink approx 2.5 ltrs or water a day

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good luck with the log, do keep it going. We wont get bored (we will push you to do more, lol)

I'm just a bit older, same height. My training would be more cardio based but I do like weights. My own weight doesnt really change, 3-4 lbs up and down sometimes is all. I have found that doing weights improves muscle tone, and a lot of cardio tends to knock weight off me (but I mean a lot 8-10hr wk).

Oryx wrote: »
    Good luck with the log, do keep it going. We wont get bored (we will push you to do more, lol)

QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement Oryx, I have to say maintaining the log this week has given me a great sense of accountability so I may well just keep it up ;)

I love training, in particular weight training and in the last couple of months have really seen great improvement in my strength and a good increase in what I'm lifting. Certainly the purpose is to tone and get lean looking, if I lost a couple of kilos it'd be a huge bonus but I am happy with the changes I'm seeing in body shape.

Advertisement