Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opting out of gas and electricity bundle

Options
  • 30-01-2012 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I switched to an electric ireland electricity and gas bundle two months ago, my gas beforehand used to be €50 bimonthly with flo gas. Imagine my shock today when i receive my online gas bill for €150 from electric ireland!! I was away a lot over christmas, and even when i was at home i had heat on sparingly as I have small two bed apartment. Can I opt out of the bundle because this is absolutely ridiculous and I'm not paying a bill like that in future

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi C-J,

Is the bill based on an estimated or actual meter reading?

Yes you can opt out if you wish.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Its an actual meter reading, my meter was read last week unless my other bills were overly low estimates? I just got an awful shock i thought i'd be getting quite a good reduction. If i opt out of gas can i still recieve the direct debit and online billing discount for my electricity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again C-J,

It could be a case of previous under-estimates all right. If you send me your account details by private message, I could have a look?

Yes, you can indeed still have an electricity-only account with the direct debit and online billing discounts - if you decide to discontinue with the gas supply.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement