Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Website for A Niche Market

Options
  • 30-01-2012 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am just wondering if you could give me some advice on a few things that I would like to know.

I am seeking to set up a website whereby people can connect with employers and discuss work opportunities etc. It is basically the same concept of Gumtree or indeed boards but not in the sense that it is just a forum. Possibly like linked in but again more jobs advertisement based.

I would like to be able to advertise agencies, companies, and training opportunities on this site and make the site synonomous with job opportunities in the market I hope to set up in. I have initially set up a facebook account and have attracted over 100 new members to the facebook page in one day. I have registered the name on a .com with GoDaddy. Do you think I went down the right road with this. My thinking was to get a ready made market of people seeking work and would have this as a bargaining tool to get the good agencies on board

I would like information on possible ways to go forward with this concept. How could I go to agencies and companies and increase the marketability and brand at a relativley low budget? I intend to initially offer these services free of charge but as the site gets bigger charge companies to advertise and other methods of increasing revenue.

If I was to go forward with a website, how much would it cost and recommendations to move ahead with same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This reads like its better suited to the Entrepreneurial forum, so moved from Development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrNotSoNice

Hi Aidan,

Quick off the mark there. I guess it has a bit of the entreprenurial work alright but is equally to do with web development so can it be held in the two sections possibly

Advertisement