Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Gold Card

Options
  • 30-01-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just thinking about credit cards that can award airmile points and came across the Ryanair Gold Card.

Seems to have decent rates and awards free flights, but its Ryanair, and there is usually a catch.

Does anyone use this card or know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the free flights are ****e in my experience. you need to call them up to book and you need to pay taxs and charges. in a number of cases the "free flight" was more expensive than just booking the same flight on the website without any of this free flight nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Random wrote: »
    the free flights are ****e in my experience. you need to call them up to book and you need to pay taxs and charges. in a number of cases the "free flight" was more expensive than just booking the same flight on the website without any of this free flight nonsense.

I'm pretty sure it's quite good credit card. It gives you something extra and if you know how to use those ryanair voulchers, you definitely get some savings.
    1. you don't have to call ryanair reservation customer service, it can be done thru the online booking
    2. yes you have to pay taxes and other charges, but some flight are tax free and if you pay with prepaid mastercard you won't be charged for transaction fee.

so far I've booked some flights making saving over 500 euros for the last 2 years ;)))

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's quite good credit card. It gives you something extra and if you know how to use those ryanair voulchers, you definitely get some savings.
    1. you don't have to call ryanair reservation customer service, it can be done thru the online booking
    2. yes you have to pay taxes and other charges, but some flight are tax free and if you pay with prepaid mastercard you won't be charged for transaction fee.

so far I've booked some flights making saving over 500 euros for the last 2 years ;)))

If you can do it online now, this is a new thing. I had the card in the past and couldn't book online. Was also awkward when booking for a couple etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Davy wrote: »
    If you can do it online now, this is a new thing. I had the card in the past and couldn't book online. Was also awkward when booking for a couple etc.

Probably,It isn't new thing with booking online. The trick is that you should have skipped the first 3 letters in a provided voucher code,otherwise it couldn't be accepted.
    Another thing that you need play fair with MBNA, pay your bills on time,don't exeed your credit limit etc...
    When you spend 2000 per quarter you get 1 voucher for return flight for 1 and if you spend over 5000 you get 1 voucher for return flight for 2.
    You can do it by making money transfer for a short time, still good bonus in exchange, even if you pay few euro of interest.
    One time I got voucher with deducted value from my booking of 190 euro ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement