Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A slightly above average intelligence phone?

Options
  • 30-01-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi. I am looking for a phone. I'm using a Nokia C5-00 at the moment and it fine but it is showing it age and I need a replacement. Basically all I want from the phone is that I can use it to tether as a internet back up (used maybe once every 4-5 weeks for that). After that I don't need anything special and don't want to over spend for things I won't use (camera etc). My internet use is minimal only a couple of hours a month.

So what smart-ish phone should I be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

What's your budget/network? Bill pay or pre pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Entry level Android is what I'd have said, Samsung Galaxy Mini or Samsung Galaxy Y maybe, able to tether, run quite nicely IMO and can be got for under €100

Won't feel as quality a product as your Nokia though if I'm honest, phones like that hardly exist anymore. If you look at any of the carriers offerings in the €100+ market, you'll see there are practically no non touch screen phones, except for the blackberry's of course. The feature phone market as that price range once was are now dominated by entry level smartphones, phones that are in essence smartphones but without the fast processors, decent camera's and big touchscreens. For the average person who has never used a smartphone, I think they are great, allowing the user the benefits of fast data, wifi, an app store and easy to use email on a phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

HTC Explorer for €129.99 You can set the phone to connect to your wi-fi so you can save some extra money. That's the phone I would choose anyway.

Advertisement