Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[HOW] Photo on candle.. please help!!

Options
  • 30-01-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Planning on creating a personalised candle for my friends baby's Christening. I have a 3 x 6 ivory pillar candle (Dunnes Stores) and have tried the water slide decal as well as printing on vellum paper and actually melting into the candle using a hair dryer. My problem is the image printed on both types of paper are not very strong/vibrant ( I have tried all settings on the printer, gloss, transparent etc. ) is there a better way to do this so that the picture of the baby along with the text is nice and strong?

I know I could just pay €25 and buy one on-line but I'd rather do it myself if at all possible. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

You're probably going to have to adjust the colour/contrast settings of the images using some kind of photo computer program (eg Adobe, Picasa, etc), to make the colours more vivid.
    Then if you print onto decal paper, apply to the candle and let dry, and then spray a few light layers of clear acrylic varnish, you'll get a transparent glossy/semi-glossy finish.

Advertisement