Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband in Bray - Ballywaltrim

• 30-01-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Before I ring them up and spend a while on the phone, does anyone know if UPC broadband is available in Bray [specifically Ballywaltrim].

Also, is there an SLA on their business packages?

Currently we have an eircom Leased Line. IT's rock solid with a 4 hour SLA but 2MB is starting to cripple...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

If you go on the UPC website and type in your address in the bottom right corner of the page it will give you the availability in your area.
    Personally I know that a lot of areas in Bray are being upgraded to broadband at the moment so if it's not available now, it should be in the next few months. Not sure about the SLA but 25MB is the minimum offer with UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very much doubt you'll get an SLA over their network unless they provide you with a dedicated connection (with fibre etc). With the typical business offerings, you'll be on the same coaxial network as their TV and home broadband offerings. Unlike eircom, where every customer gets their own connection direct to the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Keep an eye on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58432020 I've been asking around bray to see where it is these days. I live in Waltrim Grove, but still nothing is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've been told that it's scheduled for March [not a guarantee] to Southern Cross Bs Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Broadband is now available for Waltrim Grove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement