Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to be prepaired for an emergency

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

I came across this document a couple of weeks ago when I was in Berlin that I finally found online today in PDF format. Its from the German Competence Centre for Civil Protection (German Interior Ministry) and its very relevant even for us in Ireland. I would consider this and the checklists located at the rear as a great resource and "minimum" checklist for your own preparations. The food checklist will need some adapting unless you like German Sausage and salami (I do;)) and the water storage is a little light for my liking.

http://www.informedprepared.eu/pages/ResourceLibrary/db_GetResource.document?rid=221&uid=365

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Great post - food list is fine they obviously shop at LIDL too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

krissovo wrote: »
    I. The food checklist will need some adapting unless you like German Sausage and salami (I do;)) and the water storage is a little light for my liking.

So do I!!! Sehr gut Krissivo.:D
    Just going thru it.I see they have lost the air raid siren tone diagrammes..
    Up to the 1990s ,this was published in their yellow pages and all civil defence materials.
    Dead handy to know wether you wer getting an air raid,fire,NBC event or all clear.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    krissovo wrote: »
    I. The food checklist will need some adapting unless you like German Sausage and salami (I do;)) and the water storage is a little light for my liking.

So do I!!! Sehr gut Krissivo.:D
    Just going thru it.I see they have lost the air raid siren tone diagrammes..
    Up to the 1990s ,this was published in their yellow pages and all civil defence materials.
    Dead handy to know wether you wer getting an air raid,fire,NBC event or all clear.

if there is a fire in the village, the air raid siren will sound...., at first I thought an air raid was on :D

Advertisement