Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

communion watches for boys??

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

my godson is making his communion this year and i wanted to get him a watch. I still have my communion watch and i wanted go get him something he would always have.

i'm living in dub so hoping to find him something up here. any idea's where is a good place to get one? ive been looking for kids watches for the past 2 months and can't seem to find anything at all.

any help would be great
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

mollybird wrote: »
    my godson is making his communion this year and i wanted to get him a watch. I still have my communion watch and i wanted go get him something he would always have.

i'm living in dub so hoping to find him something up here. any idea's where is a good place to get one? ive been looking for kids watches for the past 2 months and can't seem to find anything at all.

any help would be great
    thanks

I know this may be an unusual suggestion, but if he's wearing a suit, then why not buy him a pocket watch and you can have it engraved? I bought my son one and 8 years on he still looks after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hi meg,
    i'm afraid he will be wearing his school uniform so there'll be no suit for him i'm afraid. nice idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi Mollybird,

Our son made his confirmation last year and like you I wanted him to have something that he might have to remember the day by. We purchased a lovely boys wrist watch from the Newbridge Silver range. Different strap options etc available. Cost was about €60 I think. (I have no connection to Newbridge Silver, just think that their watch suited the occasion)

It's a really nice momento for him to have of the day and we hope that he might pass it onto his son as well.

Good luck

DC:)

Advertisement