Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help: Exam repeats to return to course Sept 12

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

My son did 1st year of Retail and Services Management course (DT343) Sept 10- May 11.
    He failed some exams in Jan 11 and some more in May 11. He repeated the exams in Aug 11 and failed some again( 2 core subjects and one or two from the Jan 11 exams) .He wants to get in to 2nd year of the course in Sept 12.

Can anybody tell me when he can repeat all the exams he failed?
    How does he go about applying to repeat the exams?
    Where can he get grinds for the subjects he failed? (Quantitive Analysis and Accounting to name just two!)

He doesn't seem to have a clue what he is suppose to do.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Jess11 wrote: »
    My son did 1st year of Retail and Services Management course (DT343) Sept 10- May 11.
    Jess11 wrote: »
    He failed some exams in Jan 11 and some more in May 11. He repeated the exams in Aug 11 and failed some again( 2 core subjects and one or two from the Jan 11 exams) .He wants to get in to 2nd year of the course in Sept 12.

Can anybody tell me when he can repeat all the exams he failed?

How does he go about applying to repeat the exams?

Where can he get grinds for the subjects he failed? (Quantitive Analysis and Accounting to name just two!)

He doesn't seem to have a clue what he is suppose to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Evening,

Firstly I recommend that your son makes an appointment to see his programme tutor. The people below are responsible for DT343 and will be best placed to tell when the next available oppotunity is to repeat the aforementioned subjects.

T: 01 402 7057 (John Jameson)

T: 01-402-7062 (Edmund O’Callaghan)

Within that meeting, I would suggest that your son assess what his mark was..30? 35? etc.,

I would also contact the relevant lecturers involved with the failed subjects and get them to review your sons exam script with him to see where his weak areas are.

To get grinds in maths based subjects, the Student Maths Learning Centre (SMLC) is a place to start. Details outlined below:

Qi Wang (Manager)

E-mail address:

Office phone:

(01) 402 2815

01) 402 4850

Hope that helps somewhat!
    Richard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jess11

Thank you very much for all that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

No problem.

Advertisement