Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Tralee Tape Archiving project

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,

We 3rd year students in IT Tralee doing a work placement involving digitisng reel to reel tapes or older recordings. It is to contribute to an interactive archive online for others to view from.

We are looking for tapes of personal value to investigate the social histories through the years. The tapes will be returned to the owners with a copy of their material, digitised and mastered, on a CD.

We are looking for material such as Traditional music, Sean Nos recordings, family recordings, radio etc. We can also try digitising older recordings such as Phonographs or wire recordings.

This service is completely free.

Contact us by sending us a PM on this and we can sort out collection of tapes, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

visco wrote: »
    Hello,

We 3rd year students in IT Tralee doing a work placement involving digitisng reel to reel tapes or older recordings. It is to contribute to an interactive archive online for others to view from.

We are looking for tapes of personal value to investigate the social histories through the years. The tapes will be returned to the owners with a copy of their material, digitised and mastered, on a CD.

We are looking for material such as Traditional music, Sean Nos recordings, family recordings, radio etc. We can also try digitising older recordings such as Phonographs or wire recordings.

This service is completely free.

Contact us by sending us a PM on this and we can sort out collection of tapes, etc.

Shameless Plug: but try posting in the ITTralee forum. Some students & readers there might be of assistance also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 visco

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Shameless Plug: but try posting in the ITTralee forum. Some students & readers there might be of assistance also ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. We are trying to source tapes from around Kerry, not just students or staff. This was also already done last year were most lecturers already contributed to this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

visco wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up. We are trying to source tapes from around Kerry, not just students or staff. This was also already done last year were most lecturers already contributed to this project.

No bother. Couldn't resist.

Nice of the lecturers to contribute like they have done. Best of Luck with this visco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I have a few reels that belong to my grandmother. I'll pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I sent a pm to visco last week and haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know how I would get in contact with these lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 visco

Hey zapata, apologies for not getting back to you yet, been under some work load. We will contact you in the next few days if that's ok?

Advertisement