Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100x bus from Dundalk to Dublin

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am starting a new job in Dublin next week but it is part time and my hours are different every day. I am planning on using the 100x bus from Dundalk and the times I was planning on using it were 7:30 am and 1:30 pm.

Is this bus on time most of the time and if in particular the early bus is full do they put on extra buses?:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The earlier buses in particular try to be on time. The drivers knowing others are heading to work up there.
    Be warned, they WILL be fairly packed at times. Not sure of they put on extras, sometimes they have told me just to catch the next one.
    (Buts thats just my experience)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

If you are working in the city you would be far better taking Matthews, they offer a direct service were the 100X goes through Drogheda and stops at the airport. Depending on the time of day, this can add about to 30 -45 minutes to the commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

annex wrote: »
    If you are working in the city you would be far better taking Matthews, they offer a direct service were the 100X goes through Drogheda and stops at the airport. Depending on the time of day, this can add about to 30 -45 minutes to the commute.

and they go through the Port Tunnell, dircet to the IFSC, which can be handy for some...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 minnie21

Thank you for all your help I really appreciate it and I will take all this into consideration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Matthews FTW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Matthews all the way at those times as they run a direct service. The 100x drives me crazy sometimes cos it is so late, especially late in the evening. When using Matthew make sure to get a 10 trip ticket as it is cheaper and has no expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The 100x is a desperate service.The bus driver gets off the bus in Drogheda bus station and goes for a pish and a cup of coffee.You could be waiting between 10mins to half an hour for him to come back again.As said above,go with Matthews for a reliable service.

Advertisement