Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd player broke

• 30-01-2012 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who fixes these in limerick? its a dvd and tv in one but dvd player wont work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

How is it broke?

You might be better off picking up a €20 DVD Player, for the price you'd pay for a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yea i know that but it would be nice to see if i can get it fixed as it is incorporated in the tv.id say thats what ill end up doing alright.
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What's the problem with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

roast wrote: »
    What's the problem with it?

When u put in the dvd its not reading it it says no disc when inserted.i think the laser might be gone in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

crazygeryy wrote: »
    When u put in the dvd its not reading it it says no disc when inserted.i think the laser might be gone in it?

Sounds like it. I take it you've tried different DVD's, checked for scratches etc.?

To be honest, given the cost of new DVD players nowadays, it'd be more expensive to get the laser replaced than to buy a new DVD player. Argos have them for dirt cheap, and I assume they have TV/DVD combi units too.

Otherwise, check with Future Sound And Vision on upper william street, they may be able to repair it for you, or point you to a good repair service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement