Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Book Pro

Options
  • 30-01-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

Just there yesterday my sound on my new mac book pro stopped working.

I took out my headphones and then music did not start playing through the internal speakers I have not been able to hear anything from it since then, no alert messages or anything.

This also goes for the headphones nothing through them :mad:. I have searched around and seen people tell you to shove a paper clip into the headphone jack, but this only applies if you see a red light. I can see none :(. I checked both the sound in system prefrecences they are set to internal speakers built in.

I then checked audio midi setup my speakers are set to 44100.0 Hz. I am really stumped here lads, does anyone have a fix for me? Or am I just doing something wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

If it's a new one, you should be able to take it to the Apple store and get them to look after it for you. Easier than trying to figure it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ccgd

NomadicMe wrote: »
    If it's a new one, you should be able to take it to the Apple store and get them to look after it for you. Easier than trying to figure it yourself?

Yeh it is from santa himself. I bought it from com u b, I don't know if they will fix it for me. I would not mind if i could fix it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

this is gonna sound hilarious, but keep putting the headphones in and out real quick, keep fiddling with it it will eventually work again. Its a glitch on most macs, the sensors that are in there are ****e, they think they still have the headphones in

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

That happened on my macbook pro too, it came back after inserting and removing headphones a few times.

Advertisement